Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Paint Pen on Boxing Gloves

So I'm not sure if this is the right place to start this thread but it will be an IP success so I thought I'd try here. Laila Ali is coming to my school (University of St. Thomas) Monday to give a guest lecture. There aren't really any good images on Google to print as 8x10s so I decided I'm going to get my pair of royal blue Everlast boxing gloves signed. I have only used them a couple times and they are still in good shape. I got them for the boxing club here at UST but it turned out to be a joke if you were a girl so I stopped and want to put these gloves to good use. I can't use a blue Sharpie on them so I'm wondering if anyone knows or has experience with getting boxing gloves signed with a paint pen? I have a new Sharpie brand paint pen, but given my luck with them lately, I might buy a different brand this weekend. Otherwise I have 2 metallic silver non paint pen markers that work really well too. Sorry for the long winded post but between Ali being such a great female boxer that I'll never have a chance to get again and these gloves being $35 I wanna get it right!! So thoughts?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't like using paint pens on gloves. they have to be prepped perfectly for a good auto & even then, they can run easily or smear if she smudges it while handing it back to you. I like gold on blue gloves & prefer the new gold sharpies that try quick. the gold elementz look good too but take a LONG time to dry as well so be careful handling it after she signs.on blue, you can also use a black sharpie, but make sure to push or flatten the tip to get a thick signature. thin black on blue doesn't look good, it needs to be thick to stand out. good luck, I missed Ali when she was here in A.C. last summer.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't like using paint pens on gloves. they have to be prepped perfectly for a good auto & even then, they can run easily or smear if she smudges it while handing it back to you. I like gold on blue gloves & prefer the new gold sharpies that try quick. the gold elementz look good too but take a LONG time to dry as well so be careful handling it after she signs.on blue, you can also use a black sharpie, but make sure to push or flatten the tip to get a thick signature. thin black on blue doesn't look good, it needs to be thick to stand out. good luck, I missed Ali when she was here in A.C. last summer.

Thank you very much for the help! I'll try 1 of my gold pens on the gloves. Do I need to prep the gloves at all? Thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country

Follow up question...do you use the actual Sharpie brand gold markers? If so think u could post a pic here of gold on blue? I'm thinking of going out to buy 1 of those so I don't screw this up lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

everlast or cleto reyes gloves do not need any prepping at all.

here's a recent blue glove i got from Tim Bradley:

SCF Rewards
    Country

Follow up question...do you use the actual Sharpie brand gold markers? If so think u could post a pic here of gold on blue? I'm thinking of going out to buy 1 of those so I don't screw this up lol

and yes, Sharpie brand markers or Walmart's Elementz/@home (they changed the name, but they are the cheap Walmart brand that you get 2/$1...believe they are called @home now). both work well on gloves

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is the exact glove I have! I'm just gonna get both signed by Ali since she'll probably be the only boxer I go for for a long time. Thanks so much for your help!! I'm gonna grab a Sharpie brand gold marker this weekend at Target!

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you don't have 30 minutes to wait for Elementz to dry, stay away from those. Rather use crayons than those.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you don't have 30 minutes to wait for Elementz to dry, stay away from those. Rather use crayons than those.

haha yeah I made the mistake of using those graphing the Timberwolves before a game and I think every photo I got signed smeared. Haven't used those since! Might try them again in the warm weather but we'll see! I need to get to Michael's to get some of their good "Recollections" markers