Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shady business.....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Lions Michigan State Spartans St Louis Cardinals

Shady business.....

Hey all I have a hypothetical situation I would like some input on. Say a member on here (member A) makes a deal with another member (member B) and member B receives the agreed upon goods from member A, but then claims one of the items is damaged, without showing proof. Then they, hypothetically, file a dispute and member A doesn't/or wasn't able to respond in time (only 3 days go by, for example). So member A is therefore banned, hypothetically, before he can respond. (This would be a shady move, FYI, if this were to happen, hypothetically) Now, hypothetically, member A cannot get hold of the member B to see if he can get his stuff back, since it's "damaged". Member B, hypothetically, would have to provide proof of sending back goods to member A before Paypal would recoup money, correct? If member A, hypothetically, is now banned and is now out his "damaged" cards and money, how is he to get his stuff back, hypothetically?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Garthug's Items on eBay

Why would a person not be able to respond to a damage claim? I guess I've never had to deal with one, but in your hypothetical, I would hope the person gets more than three days to respond.

Dispute Team Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Dallas Cowboys Pittsburgh Penguins New York Yankees
    See etmill01's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

When a dispute is filed the member the dispute was filed against is contacted by the staff member who is handling the dispute..When they are contacted they are given 48 hours to reply back to the staff member, if within the 48 hours given the member the dispute is filed against does not reply One more attempt is made to try and make contact with the member and they are given an additional 24 hours to reply..If they do not reply within this additional 24 hours then the member is either banned, suspended until they do reply and the dispute is resolved, or their account is tagged with a No Trades/No Sales Tag until they reply and resolve the dispute..

Also if a dispute is filed due to something received by a member being damaged they are always asked to post scans of the damaged card/s in the dispute so we can verify there was damage to the card/s...Ed

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

they, hypothetically, file a dispute and member A doesn't/or wasn't able to respond in time (only 3 days go by, for example).

This is the part I dont understand. Doesn't respond and wasn't able to respond are two totally different things. If member A chooses not to respond then there's nothing shady about that person getting banned. If a person wasn't able, I'd like to know what person, in this day and age, can't hit up the site at least once in that 72 hour period, if for nothing else than to say they need more time to check it out.

Does member B make any attempt to contact member A before filing a dispute?

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is the part I dont understand. Doesn't respond and wasn't able to respond are two totally different things. If member A chooses not to respond then there's nothing shady about that person getting banned. If a person wasn't able, I'd like to know what person, in this day and age, can't hit up the site at least once in that 72 hour period, if for nothing else than to say they need more time to check it out.

Does member B make any attempt to contact member A before filing a dispute?

Hypothetically, member A was sent a couple of emails to his personal email account in the form of the standard forwarded email (the one that lets you know you have a PM on this site) but it went to his junk folder. He didn't notice it until after the ban hammer was used. Member B did send a picture of the one damaged card (it was in a large lot of cards), I was mistaken, hypothetically, about this. It was among those junk emails. He, hypothetically, can now not get into contact with member B to try to resolve this issue. He just wants his cards back, if member B was able to get a full refund from Paypal. Mods on here are not responding to emails so he can, hypothetically, get his stuff back. The fact that he got banned, hypothetically, isn't a problem it's that he isn't able to contact member B about the issue to resolve it.

Side note, how can Paypal recoup a full refund without proof of member B sending the damaged goods back to member A?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Hypothetically, my head hurts.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, I could've toned down the hypothetical but once you get going, it's hard to stop, hypoth......you get the idea haha.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It seems awfully convenient that Member A hypothetically did not bother to visit the hypothetical site during the hypothetical 72 hour dispute period, but tried to as soon as a hypothetical ban was levied.

As far as the paypal issue, I believe that's in their hands. Not entirely sure who has what at this point.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well, since not everybody lives on this site, it's not that hard to see that he didn't think he needed to come back. Deal was made and nothing was out of the ordinary when cards were sent. He found out about the dispute the same time he saw the pic of damaged cards when he checked his junk email account. I can't speak for him about the full truth of it, but I'd trust him in EVERY deal I would make with him.

Don't you find it more shady that someone who got damaged cards would try to get a refund and then KEEP said damaged cards without trying to send them back?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hypothetically, my head hurts.

Mine too. Hypothetically, I think I might have nightmares about this post tonight.

...Rick

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast