Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I'm trying really hard to think like veggie and my mind hurts.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Religious rights are an entitlement program demanded by illogical thinkers.

speaking of illogical

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

How so? You need to elaborate on that one I'm afraid.

Don't confuse indoctrination with linear or logical thought. The "I was raised this way", holds no water in constructive debate.
    Last edited by centrehice; 03-28-2013 at 02:02 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If this is how young people really think then I feel for the future of our country.

These young people are part of the 30% that don't support gay marriage.

A blogger allowed them to write down their reason why, and as everyone can see, they don't have any good reasons.

Their religious beliefs are NOT good reasons for the simple fact that we live in a secular society....they are free to believe whatever they want, but it can not be imposed upon the rest of us.

The ones that didn't have religious beliefs as their reasoning, are deeply confused or have some type of misconception of what marriage actually is.

They believe the only reason for marriage is to have kids.

That's not true at all.

And if it were, we wouldn't allow senior citizens to get married, or infertile people, or people who get vasectomies, or people who simply don't want kids at all.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

These young people are part of the 30% that don't support gay marriage.

A blogger allowed them to write down their reason why, and as everyone can see, they don't have any good reasons.

Their religious beliefs are NOT good reasons for the simple fact that we live in a secular society....they are free to believe whatever they want, but it can not be imposed upon the rest of us.

The ones that didn't have religious beliefs as their reasoning, are deeply confused or have some type of misconception of what marriage actually is.

They believe the only reason for marriage is to have kids.

That's not true at all.

And if it were, we wouldn't allow senior citizens to get married, or infertile people, or people who get vasectomies, or people who simply don't want kids at all.

I'm mad that 30% of our youth have idiotic views like that.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

My old high school algebra teacher used to say this to us. "I'm going to break this down nice and simple so even you can understand."

Abortion directly affects two people. The mother and the unborn child who no one asks if they would like to be murdered.

Satan worship only affects the person doing the worship so therefore it is their choice to do so because no one else is affected by it.

In summary I am favor of religious choice even if I don't agree with the religion and it runs counter to my personal beliefs. I am not in favor of giving anyone the "choice" to murder another human being because your "choices" are now affecting someone else's life.

What about people who practice Santeria and sacrifice chickens. How do you feel about that? Are you in favour of religious beliefs, or animal rights. You can't choose both.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

How so? You need to elaborate on that one I'm afraid.

Don't confuse indoctrination with linear or logical thought. The "I was raised this way", holds no water in constructive debate.

Because freedom of religion is a constitutional right in the US?

SCF Rewards
    Country

OP (and others) are just mad those people don't have the same view points. Taking a really small sample and then projecting isn't a great measure to be doing.

No, I'm not mad.

I just think their reasoning is extremely flawed, and it saddens me to see young people who probably don't even have a proper concept of what LOVE is, to say things they probably don't understand.

What matters to me is their arguments, and in this case, NONE of them brought anything good to the table.

They are anti-gay marriage because of their religion and because they don't understand what marriage is.....I'm simply pointing that out.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

What about people who practice Santeria and sacrifice chickens. How do you feel about that? Are you in favour of religious beliefs, or animal rights. You can't choose both.

I am totally against killing any animal for any reason except for self defense. You have to right to practice any religion you like or none at all. However your right to freedom of religion stops when it infringes on someone else's rights.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

In the annals of marriage, the fundamental desire was entirely religiously based. Now that people are providing alternatives for marriage that derivate from the original concept, those ideals are deemed unacceptable? Ho so?

At one time marriage in many societies was demanded, some even at the threat of bodily harm, other marriage decisions steered by religious and cultural dogma.

Alternatives to the ultimate need to marry have taken many different paths nowadays, but all should be embraced:

1. Financial security

2. Stability both within the family unit, and socially

3. Loneliness

4. Tax advantages

5. Love

When marriage was only biblically based, or religiously based inside the confines of christianity, judaism, and hinduism, it came with immense baggage.

Areligious individuals have used selective thought for seeking marriage on their own terms, based on their own needs, and these should be honoured in the same stead as those attached to religious behaviour, or religious lifestyle.
    Last edited by centrehice; 03-28-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast