Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 142
  1. #1

    20 young people who are anti-gay marriage.

    So, with all the talk being about gay marriage and how much young people support it.

    70% of people within the ages of 18 -32 support gay marriage

    Source: http://www.npr.org/2013/03/24/175201...-waning-divide


    Well, here, a guy asked 20 young people why are they against gay marriage.....let's see what they wrote, and let's see if they have any good arguments!



    ^Gays are icky....eww...



    ^Nice grammar....so your argument is on religion, OK, that's not a good reason at all. Next!



    ^Religion again....and I guess this guy is saying that gays are not amazing....but he is.



    ^Hey young lady, you might want to read that bible and what it says about women......anyways, another argument for religion, which is NOT a good argument at all.



    ^I can't even comprehend this logic.....so, another point for religion....NEXT!



    ^UGH....so if my religion said that it was OK to rape, that would be in the nature of my particular religion.....what a great argument......NEXT!



    ^Seriously, is this all we're going to get??? NEXT!



    ^God also said slavery was OK, why did the U.S have the NERVE to re-difine that?....NEXT!



    ^Finally something that isn't religious! Too bad it's really stupid. Her case is that guys can't reproduce without women....GENIUS! What does that have to do with gay marriage?



    ^AND we're back to this.....God created Eve without a rib....does that mean all women are missing one rib? (Hint: No, they're not).....NEXT!



    ^NEXT!



    ^OK, here is one that isn't so bad....he believes in "traditional" marriage, OK, that's nice.....but how would gay marriage affect that?



    ^Umm....OK, not much to say here, there's no argument.



    ^OK, Fatherhood and Motherhood are indeed unique, they're not necessary unless you WANT to have kids though....what does that have to do with marriage? Last time I checked, not everyone that marries want to have kids or have to possibility to have kids....and if gays do want to have kids, they can ALREADY do so without getting married!



    ^*Facepalm*



    ^*DOUBLE Facepalm*



    ^Indeed. What does that have to do with marriage? Or do you believe only married couples have kids?



    ^Marriage itself is not guaranteed to anyone....however the RIGHTS to get married, should! And Saying that god doesn't like it, is NOT a good argument at all.



    ^But what does that have to do with marriage? Do all these kids believe that ONLY straight married couple have kids? Getting married doesn't automatically mean getting kids. It's simply a union of two people who love each other. Procreation can be done by a lot of different ways outside of marriage.



    ^What the hell? Marriage is NOT a "child-centered" institution. There is no law that says that once you marry you MUST have kids. Marriage is simply the union of two consenting adults who love each other. It has NOTHING to do with kids.

    PARENTING has to do with kids....and you can be a parent OUTSIDE of marriage.


    >>>>Overall, none of these young people brought any good arguments, most of them are centered around religious beliefs and are therefore null and void. The others have a very bad misconception of what marriage actually is.


    So there you have it, there are plenty of young people who DON'T support gay marriage and have just as stupid arguments as their fully adult counterparts.

    Congrats.

    Source: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/young...tween-a-man-an
    Last edited by JustAlex; 03-27-2013 at 10:04 PM.

  2. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    No, I'm not mad.

    I just think their reasoning is extremely flawed, and it saddens me to see young people who probably don't even have a proper concept of what LOVE is, to say things they probably don't understand.

    What matters to me is their arguments, and in this case, NONE of them brought anything good to the table.

    They are anti-gay marriage because of their religion and because they don't understand what marriage is.....I'm simply pointing that out.
    You are clearly upset that people don't share your opinion, and thus must be wrong. It's shown in almost every thread you post in.

    Because these people think differently, they are what's wrong with the world.

    Do you realize how little sense that makes?
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

  3. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    If my life/safety were in danger than yes. I also try to shoo insects away first if outside. If I catch one in my house I will kill it because they spread diseases which in turn endanger my health.
    Wait. So killing them to stop the spread of disease they might have is okay, but killing them for the nourishment the do provide is wrong?

    You're just full of double standards.

  4. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    Wait. So killing them to stop the spread of disease they might have is okay, but killing them for the nourishment the do provide is wrong?

    You're just full of double standards.
    What the hell kind of nourishment do rats, roaches and mosquitoes provide?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  5. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    What the hell kind of nourishment do rats, roaches and mosquitoes provide?
    Actually much to many.
    But to what you're actually saying, do you really believe those animals are lesser creatures than cows or pigs?
    You kill them because they may carry disease. We kill them because we know we will gain nourishment from their meat. You kill based on the assumption they are carrying disease, we kill with the knowledge it will help us to live another day. You kill on an assumption, we kill on fact. Yet, you think you're justified in your killing, but we're not. You've probably killed more healthy creatures than I've eaten hamburgers.

  6. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    Actually much to many.
    But to what you're actually saying, do you really believe those animals are lesser creatures than cows or pigs?
    You kill them because they may carry disease. We kill them because we know we will gain nourishment from their meat. You kill based on the assumption they are carrying disease, we kill with the knowledge it will help us to live another day. You kill on an assumption, we kill on fact. Yet, you think you're justified in your killing, but we're not. You've probably killed more healthy creatures than I've eaten hamburgers.

    http://www.cdc.gov/rodents/diseases/
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  7. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterx View Post
    How about expressing their love in the same manner the rest of us can...at the very least.

    Medical benefits, insurance policies, tax breaks... Basically, they're fighting for the right to live as others are legally allowed to live...equality.
    Like I said, they can get married, so this is irrelevant.

    On the other things, can you give me info that shows how much money and such the tax breaks are?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterx View Post
    Here is the link that Veggie posted the other day -
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...m_business_pop
    She most likley will get that money back, plus this link doesn't explain anything, it just says that "she claims that if she was with a man she wouldn't have had to pay this" without giving proof. but this still doesn't answer why people don't get married on purpose so they can pay less taxes. Can anyone explain this?

    Another thing to think about. Is it not true that gay people have a right that most of the rest of us don't? When a crime is commited against a gay person, there is always an extra charge against the defendant, speaking of hate crime.

  8. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    So?

  9. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by boba View Post
    Like I said, they can get married, so this is irrelevant.

    On the other things, can you give me info that shows how much money and such the tax breaks are?
    I'm not doing your homework for you.

  10. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterx View Post
    I'm not doing your homework for you.
    I asked that before as well...Not in this thread but another.

  11. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterx View Post
    I'm not doing your homework for you.
    Seems to me there is not homework to be done.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •