Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you about my collection. Well, it is kind of a long story but I have always collected cards (pre-war, every Topps Atlanta Braves team set, player collections, etc.) but I became largely discouraged with card collecting. When my grandfather passed away from Alzheimer's, I began collecting Braves autos in his memory but I could never gain the continuity in the collection that I desired. I had cards, customs, balls, photos, etc. and it just didn't feel right. While I still have all of those items, I wanted the consistency that would allow for the appearance that all of the items came from one uniform collection.

The collection consists of the 44 greatest Atlanta Braves, which was an original list developed by Mac Thomason, and the members of the Braves Hall of Fame. I would also like to have autos related to the greatest Atlanta Braves moments. Mac Thomason developed and wrote a blog known as Braves Journal and was one of the first sources of info on the Braves that I read online. Mac passed away last year after a battle with cancer but he has always been widely respected and was an excellent writer. As an aside, Joe Posnanski wrote a great piece on Mac after his passing here : http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/37812808/

Then, Brian (RockiesFan33) began offering his services and it was exactly what I was looking for. He designed cards of the 44 greatest Braves list, with a few additional cards based on individuals that I believe will make it into that list in the near future, and he makes cuts for me of the members of the Braves Hall of Fame. He does tremendous work and I could not be happier with his excellent service. Though it has required me to essentially start over with collecting the 44 greatest, the cards he made for me are easily my favorite part of my collection. I've often thought about putting up a thread as I am able to get these done but wasn't sure if anyone would be interested. Below is an example of a finished card from the 44 greatest (my scan does not do the design or the printing justice).
    GarberCard.jpg

Sorry for the length.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

Great story bud.I love reading about others passions of why they collect.

-Steve

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Houston Astros Kansas City Chiefs Houston Rockets
    Twitter: @jenkad18 See jkadlitz's Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE SET you made. LOVE the 86 METS as well. Lenny Dykstra was my favorite. PLayed the clip of Buckner again and it brought back sweet memories!! :-) GREAT JOB!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great story bud.I love reading about others passions of why they collect.

-Steve

Thanks Steve and again, your set is remarkable. Very well done. What are you going to put together next?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

Jen- I could watch that clip all day.Nails was def a fav of mine growing up too.

Braves- I am working on a non-sport quad cut autograph booklet.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very nice set

SCF Rewards
    Country

Steve, awesome collection, congrats. Thanks for sharing.

...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Awesome work and love it! Wondering if you framed them all up and placed them on the wall?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

Hi thanks,you have great taste,lol.No they are in a box stored away for now.I already have this taking up the wall.

Awesome work and love it! Wondering if you framed them all up and placed them on the wall?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I usually print my cards on card stock and then cut them using a Fisskar's cutter. I glue them using a stick to a cut-out piece of cardboard from a cereal box which is just smaller than the 2.5 x 3.5" card.

However even when there's almost no overlap, they never look that good. What material do you use and how do you get the cards to line up that evenly with that nice thickness? Thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast