Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

You do know there's an atheist church in Calgary, right?

So? They are morons like anybody else who goes to church.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Invisible Bogey-Man in the sky is gonna turn you away. Whatever will you do?

The problem here is I'm not religious, at all, I just am not ignorant to the fact that everything in life has some kind of agenda.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So? They are morons like anybody else who goes to church.

Right. And they have an agenda like anyone else who goes to church.

SCF Rewards
    Country

For example, let's take gays. I believe, and you disagree, that once gay marriage is legal, some will fight hard for church marriages. It doesn't make much sense to me, demanding to be married by a God who will smite you for being yourself, but someone will take up that fight, and I will not agree with it.

Neither would I.

The only thing I support is equality.

Once that happens, I really don't believe your presupposition will occur.

Mostly because, a lot of gays already have a negative link with most religions for their constant discrimination against them.

Why would they want bigoted churches to ruin their special day?

The many atheists who say they don't want to kill religion but are clearly lying when they say it.

Of course there's atheists that want to destroy religion.

But they know just as much as I do, that religion in one way or another will never go away.

So even if they DO want religion to go away, they can't do anything about it.

However, protecting our Secular society IS something we can do....and that is our only motive.

Again, this isn't an agenda, because we ALREADY live in a secular society.

If the U.S was a religious society, then it would be an agenda to overturn that INTO a secular society.

alex, it is like the agenda of most religious people. they want to practice their religion how they believe they need to and not be forced to change this. atheists want to live their life how they believe is the best way and not be forced to change do to religion.

Muslims don't want to be forced to accept Christian beliefs or practices, Sikhs don't want to be forced to accept Judaic practices, and so on and so forth.

Do you know what is the real difference between secular and religious?

One can't help itself but be biased and impose itself.

The other is neutral.

Think about that, and tell me how you can rationalize both these sides to be the same.

Atheist's don't have an agenda? Sure they don't

Every group has some sort of agenda.

Other than preserving our secular society, mind telling me what the atheists want to do that will change YOUR life.

Because a REAL agenda wants to do that in some way or another.

The irony of you using that phrase is that it was popularized from the incident when the Jonestown cultists drank the "koolaid" laced with poison as they all killed themselves.

It's a phrase meant to imply people that have UNQUESTIONABLE beliefs in something they hold firm.

But you're using this phrase on a freethinking atheist?

>That does not compute.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 03-31-2013 at 07:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Well, alex, the end of days shall come after religion is banned throughout the Earth. So it would seem you actually do want the same thing these Christians do. You want to end religion, which starts Armageddon and smites the wicked...er, you.

Anyway, you can see how I think it's funny that you're fighting so hard with a group who wants the same thing you do. Don't worry, I'm laughing just as hard at the other side too.

As for gays, as soon as what YOU call "equality" happens, someone will see the inequity of the churches and try to force them, through law, into accepting what is expressly against their beliefs. I'm sorry, it's going to happen.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

But you're using this phrase on a freethinking atheist?

I also take issue with this. I see you as being about as free a thinker as any average Christian.

So either everything you say about Christians is garbage, or your claim that you're a free thinker is a lie.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I also take issue with this. I see you as being about as free a thinker as any average Christian.

So either everything you say about Christians is garbage, or your claim that you're a free thinker is a lie.

Ha!

A "Freethinker" is simply someone who who forms opinions on the basis of REASON rather than authority.

When a christian gives ANY rationality based on their religion, they are not being freethinkers.

But please.....keep saying I'm on the same level of a christian when forming arguments and opinions.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Inb4 you question me on the definition of "Freethinker":

Freethinker: one who forms opinions on the basis of reason independently of authority; especially: one who doubts or denies religious dogma

Source:
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/freethinker

I try very hard to live up to this definition.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

One can't help itself but be biased and impose itself.

The other is neutral.

Think about that, and tell me how you can rationalize both these sides to be the same.

if they were neutral they wouldn't be atheist

SCF Rewards
    Country

if they were neutral they wouldn't be atheist

I didn't say atheist.

I said secular.

Atheist don't want America to become atheistic.

They want it to remain Secular.

Religion is the one that wants to overthrow our secular society into a religious one.

Atheists fight against this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast