Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

it does bother me when others look down on me and believe their morality, their actions, and their reasoning is so superior

but you accusing them of not being rational or logical thinkers is not the same thing? you telling them they are wrong with zero proof is not the same?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I don't think most atheists have any agenda other than not having our legislation set up based off of a specific religions beliefs. If you think about that everyone should be for that.

Most atheists that I know have no desire to stamp out religion. of course there are all kinds of atheists out there so some probably do just like some have meeting places just like churches do. all of the atheists that I know do not meet up and discuss their atheism.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Anyone think it's ironic that there's a group called Atheist Agenda?

In all seriousness, Alex, couldn't agree more. The judgement that the religious people have against Atheists is so irritating and often hypocritical.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

The judgement that the religious people have against Atheists is so irritating and often hypocritical.

and that is the other way around as well

SCF Rewards
    Country

and that is the other way around as well

Yeah, we all piss each other off :)

However, Atheists don't subscribe to a regimin where tolerance is taught. Religious people know that one day we will all be judged, so they don't have to worry about judging others. But some do love to tell you how wrong you are and that you're going to hell.

Same as some Atheists who love to preach to religious people about their view point.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

In ideal world everyone would be able to practice his/her chosen religion or no religion at all without any harrassment or ridicule whatsoever. Unfortunately that place dosen't currently exist.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Christian believers in much of the USA society point to all Atheist life, accusing it of low morality without first thinking about the atheist individuals behaviour on it's own merits.

I encountered a woman the other day that was raised strict 7th Day Adventist as a child. She volunteered that she was indoctrinated at the threat of bodily harm as a child, "because "It was right!" was her response. .... She asked what was to become of my Son, a 13 year old boy that was living in a home without christianity. She is certain that he is headed for a life of prostitutes, drugs, crime, and unending suffering, and immediately said so in the conversation.

She has never met my Son, yet she was judge, jury, and executioner. She then turned to me and asked me my moral capabilities in a life without church. The conversation comes around that this woman herself has a more difficult time living in a similar society than I do. I have not had a traffic violation in 32 years, she has had several among other criminal activity, yet because of my atheism, she is certain that I am up to no good, or am some sort of bizarre anomaly.

When I found out that she was 7th Day Adventist, I told her she was looney, and destined for a life without personal thought. I told her that because of her outrageous accusations of my child. Nobody insults my child based on zero background information, and just a stupid dogmatic philosophy. She concluded our conversation by running away as soon as her intelligence had reached it's nexus, at about the 5 minute mark of the conversation.

She had waded out up to her knees, and knew that the next 5 minutes of conversation would have ended with her drowning herself.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Christian believers in much of the USA society point to all Atheist life, accusing it of low morality without first thinking about the atheist individuals behaviour on it's own merits.

I encountered a woman the other day that was raised strict 7th Day Adventist as a child. She volunteered that she was indoctrinated at the threat of bodily harm as a child, "because "It was right!" was her response. .... She asked what was to become of my Son, a 13 year old boy that was living in a home without christianity. She is certain that he is headed for a life of prostitutes, drugs, crime, and unending suffering, and immediately said so in the conversation.

She has never met my Son, yet she was judge, jury, and executioner. She then turned to me and asked me my moral capabilities in a life without church. The conversation comes around that this woman herself has a more difficult time living in a similar society than I do. I have not had a traffic violation in 32 years, she has had several among other criminal activity, yet because of my atheism, she is certain that I am up to no good, or am some sort of bizarre anomaly.

When I found out that she was 7th Day Adventist, I told her she was looney, and destined for a life without personal thought. I told her that because of her outrageous accusations of my child. Nobody insults my child based on zero background information, and just a stupid dogmatic philosophy. She concluded our conversation by running away as soon as her intelligence had reached it's nexus, at about the 5 minute mark of the conversation.

She had waded out up to her knees, and knew that the next 5 minutes of conversation would have ended with her drowning herself.

That woman is a loon but I know a lot of SDAs who are good people and don't carry themselves in that manner.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Anyone think it's ironic that there's a group called Atheist Agenda?

In all seriousness, Alex, couldn't agree more. The judgement that the religious people have against Atheists is so irritating and often hypocritical.

It's nowhere near as confusing as the judgement atheists heap upon religious people. It's just hatred going both ways and one is as bad as the other.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I don't hate anyone .... period. Be they chrisitan, muslim, hindu, jain, buddhist.

I don't agree with somebody judging my morality without knowing the lawful individual that I am. The assumption that there are only morals attached to individuals of christian belief, is staggeringly idiotic, and ignorant.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast