Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

The Article Every Liberal Needs To Show a Conservative

If you wish to need it click the link I loved every word of it!

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/t...-conservative/

and yes it is a very LIBERAL SITE!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

From a different article by the same author...................

"This is why political debate goes absolutely nowhere these days. It’s hard to have rational discussion with people who are starting their argument based on complete lies. Not only do they base their argument on these lies, they want these lies to be true. Even when you present them with indisputable factual data that contradicts their beliefs, it makes absolutely no difference.

And therein lies the problem. They’re suffering from cognitive dissonance. Simply put, it’s where the brain creates it’s own reality when faced with two conflicting beliefs. You see this often in abusive relationships. One partner is abused, but wants to believe their partner loves them–because that’s what they’re told. They then equate abuse to love and convince themselves that it’s okay, because they want to believe that the person abusing them actually does love them. Their brain can’t comprehend the conflicting realities, so they create some alternate form of reality which justifies these conflicts.

That’s where we’re at with Republicans. They want to believe the lies they’ve been fed, even though reality doesn’t support them. With this conflict they’ve created an alternate reality where facts don’t matter, science doesn’t matter, reality doesn’t matter, history doesn’t matter and math doesn’t matter…"

Oh well eh? I have Father Time on my side, hopefully I won't be around for the fall of Rome...............

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Great article but I must have missed the memo where abortion is a constitutionally protected right. I must have been sleeping in political science class that day.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

Great article but I must have missed the memo where abortion is a constitutionally protected right. I must have been sleeping in political science class that day.

I'll be honest, me either... this is how:

Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973), is a landmark decision by the United States Supreme Court on the issue of abortion. Decided simultaneously with a companion case, Doe v. Bolton, the Court ruled 7–2 that a right to privacy under the due process clause of the 14th Amendment extended to a woman's decision to have an abortion...

sketchy...
    maccards44 everywhere 'bay, etc
    Just Selling Right Now

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

well I guess it is my turn to get everyone upset

so lets break this thing down, in fact lets look at one part of this

Gun Rights:
    I love when I see Republicans showing off some image of a group of “good ol’ boys” holding shotguns and hunting rifles with some caption like “Want to take our guns? Good luck!” That or someone holding a handgun with a caption along the lines of “Liberals, come and take this!”

really, you think this is the average republican? talk about stereotyping.
    Attention all Fox News Sheeple:

nice, non bias view, way to get the other side to maybe listen seriously

Obama never said he was going to take your hunting rifles or handguns away. He said he wants universal background checks, a ban on high-capacity magazines and a ban on assault weapons (a ban that every Republican President in the last 30 years, including Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush has supported).

thanks, something based in facts and represented in a non bias manner.

So, when you share these pictures, acting as if you’re “getting at liberal ignorance,” all you’re really doing is spreading an image around the internet that showcases how you–and any other Republican who sees it and thinks “EXACTLY!”–don’t know a damn thing about which you’re speaking.

this is whole thing is obviously not targeted at any republicans, which he is inferring, and instead of using good facts as he did in the prior paragraph, he had to go slinging mud, and creating a bigger gap. the gap between us keeps getting wider and each side is taking it to the extreme in one way or the other.
    State religion, guards at school, heart beat law, no jobs, more welfare, obamacare, debt
    I don't remember signing up for all that

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree that the column is slinging a lot of mud and obviously that doesn't "help" anything... but you have to admit that when you read a gun control thread on here it always turns into page after page "nobody is going to take MY guns"
    Even though most rational people will agree that NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT THAT. The whole assault weapon ban thing is vague and hard to define and not going to happen.. but how about some background checks? How about 10 round magazines instead of 30? Can't those ideas be talked about? maybe implemented?

You seem reasonable but even in your own response... 'whoa more welfare, obamacare, more debt, I didn't sign on for that' - smacks of not understanding reality...

MORE WELFARE
    worst recession since great depression = more people needing food and stuff.
    It is what it is. It's not Obama's fault, it's not Bush's fault, but people need help and they are getting it.

OBAMACARE
    that's what he ran on, so you can't really call it a surprise.
    and while everyone wails about obamacare and how awful it is.. it turns out when you break down what makes up obamacare, most americans (conservatives too) actually like it.

MORE DEBT
    yeah, that's how economies get out down of cycles. pretty much across the board for decades. conservatives do it, liberals do it. it seems to work pretty well in the long run. Also - where were all these deficit hawks during the bush years? Pallets of shrink wrapped cash were literally lost in iraq. billions dollars worth - just gone. I wish wish wish someone had spoken up about all this debt we were racking up before we cut taxes and waged 2 wars without paying for them. we really could of used some of that level headed fiscal thinking 10 years ago....BEFORE we invaded everyone.

When you take a step back and look what is actually happening in this country and in the world, the conservative narrative doesn't seem to fit with reality.
    Last edited by maccards44; 04-04-2013 at 12:04 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

well I guess it is my turn to get everyone upset

Really, you think this is the average republican? talk about stereotyping.

Sir, I have this Facebook friend, she lives in New Jersey, Facebook suggested I "friend" her, I have no idea why. She's one of three American FB friends I have.

She's a super-nice gal, she recently got engaged, does every Cancer Walk possible, just bought a Hyundai Elantra, a little too much ink for my tastes but otherwise normal in every way.

Except she is utterly convinced the feds are coming to confiscate her gun. And man o man does she like to complain about President Obama and every now and then copy/paste Fox News snippets up on her wall. Or the one from the NRA about how it's ok to protect Obama's kids with guns but not hers if she winds up having kids. THAT was a good one.

The second one I grew up with here in Canada, he went to college in the States on a lacrosse scholarship, got a reallllly good job in mergers & acquisitions and corporate headhunting and now lives in a very white suburb in Ohio. He's rich as all git out. He came up to visit about a year ago, and he came across as a hollow shell of a man, full of himself and the rest of the world can go to poop. We didn't discuss politics at all, but from his FB posts I can tell which way he leans.

So I know two Republicans, one is Bonkos and the other is a true 1 percenter.

The third one is a leftie-liberal Doctor Who/Star Trek geek, so nothing more to say about her hahahaaa.

It's highly probable that the author of the article MEANT it to be inflammatory, to illustrate and maybe even exacerbate the point that the "sheeple" have got some competition in the shouting game now.

Just my opinion now.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

smacks of not understanding reality...

really? it's funny the ones you chose to pick out that I listed and added the nice "whoa" in front of it.

welfare and medicare fraud is rampant and how to create jobs should be debated, we can't even get a budget and the ones we have had has lead to this debt.

obamacare is a great idea but implemented with a bunch of strings attached that has negatively affected the already bad economy.

I believe we should be Isolationists when it comes to foreign affairs, and we should raise tariffs like the good old days of the "American System".

government spending is the biggest issue with our debt. helping others is not the issue, it is how it is regulated and the fraud.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welfare and medicare fraud is rampant and how to create jobs should be debated, we can't even get a budget and the ones we have had has lead to this debt.

obamacare is a great idea but implemented with a bunch of strings attached that has negatively affected the already bad economy.

I believe we should be Isolationists when it comes to foreign affairs, and we should raise tariffs like the good old days of the "American System".

government spending is the biggest issue with our debt. helping others is not the issue, it is how it is regulated and the fraud.

I kind of actually agree with most of that :D

Except that government spending is at its lowest level since Eisenhower, and I honestly believe there's a lot more fraud at the top than there is at the bottom.

SCF Rewards
    Country

realities:
    welfare and medicare fraud are nothing compared to what we have wasted on iraq & afghanistan.
    the economy has done better since obamacare so it didn't negatively affect the economy.
    your tariff idea is decades too late, that ship has sailed. we live in an international economy now. the lack of oil alone would destroy us.
    we have actually CUT non-entitlement government spending A LOT over the past 2 years, so it simply isn't the biggest issue with our debt.
    Conservatives like to say we are spending and spending and spending with no reprecussions, it's not reality, we've been cutting like crazy! It's just not correct.

And your aguments are reasonable. No Sarcasm! And we can agree to disagree on a lot of this stuff. But when one side says 'maybe we should stop selling these 30 round ammo clips' and the other side says with a straight face: This means the government is coming to take my gun so, no, we need to keep the 30 clips as-is... it just doesn't add up. The sides are not equal. One side of that issue should not be taken seriously.
    Last edited by maccards44; 04-04-2013 at 12:26 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast