Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

North Korea Is Becoming A Nasty Situation

This NK thing is looking more and more like a pending war.

North Korea has recalled it's workers from a factory where they worked with South Koreans and now the UN is speaking up http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...like-this?lite

China, who is NK's only ally, is expressing it's dissatisfaction with how NK is acting http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...peninsula?lite

China is conducting live-fire drills near the NK border (meaning?) http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...korean-border/

Yesterday on Meet The Press Senator Lindsey Graham (who is on the Senate Armed Services Committee) warned that NK is overplaying their hand and any action by them won't be ignored by SK leaders. http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news...-its-hand?lite

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

North Korea sucks. They'll probably end up building a nuke, and then 1,000 North Koreans will try to throw it at us.

I still think most of this is posturing by the North Korean government. They want what all other governments want: money. However dumb I think they are, I still don't believe their dumb enough to alienate China. That would mean total doom for them.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

My concern is that Kim Jong-un is caught up in the propaganda that his country puts out and truly believes that they are a world power capable of winning a war against SK and the US. Nutjobs like him don't use logic or reason when considering their options. Think Saddam Hussein with more military power and nuclear ability.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Even with China saying they're unhappy with NK, if something does start up on the peninsula again and the US back SK, China will back NK.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New York Yankees New York Rangers

Even with China saying they're unhappy with NK, if something does start up on the peninsula again and the US back SK, China will back NK.

Yeah that is what is scaring me, wrong time for a war with China.

I think they will come to there senses though as our economy fuels that country and they know it. In the endi do believe diplomacy will win out here. NK will push itto the brink.....

As John McCain pointed out this has been going on for thirty years with NK.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Yeah that is what is scaring me, wrong time for a war with China.

I think they will come to there senses though as our economy fuels that country and they know it. In the endi do believe diplomacy will win out here. NK will push itto the brink.....

As John McCain pointed out this has been going on for thirty years with NK.

Yeah but that was daddy, we don't totally know what this one's all about yet.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

China does not want any kind of war ...... period. Like Islam, Turkey is a similar country. They want commerce, not war. If North Korea continue to drive over their own Firehose, they will be on their own.

China is not going to come to the aid of North Korea when North Korea is having a spell of Napoleon Complex.

Be more worried about how Egypt and Turkey behave as they become less and less secular.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

China does not want any kind of war ...... period. Like Islam, Turkey is a similar country. They want commerce, not war. If North Korea continue to drive over their own Firehose, they will be on their own.

China is not going to come to the aid of North Korea when North Korea is having a spell of Napoleon Complex.

Be more worried about how Egypt and Turkey behave as they become less and less secular.

I tend to agree with you. China won't like the US being involved so close to their border, but I don't know if they are willing to risk their growing economy and trade with the US to back an obvious nutjob and warmonger. Supporting NK could bring UN sanctions down on them as well and I don't think they would want that.

In the end, a unified Korea benefits China because it provides regional stability and a larger trade partner. If they are smart, they will tell the US to stay out of it and throw their support behind SK and assist in either a solid peace treaty that they force NK to abide by or assist SK in toppling NK and unifying the peninsula.