Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Tigers Detroit Red Wings Detroit Lions

2012-2013 In The Game Heroes and Prospects

2012-2013 In The Game Heroes and Prospects

Per Box Items:
    18 cards per box
    9 cards per pack
    Autograph cards 1:7 packs
    Game used relic cards 1:7

ITG Sell Sheet

the 199 base cards set is broken into subsets including Heroes, Stars, and top prospects. The last 49 cards of the base set are the top prospects and are short printed 3D cards. Depending on the sub-set, the base cards feature either a color action shot or art-style drawing of the player on front. Bordered only on the bottom, the card fronts show the player name, team name, team logo and are trimmed with the teams primary color. The card backs are photo-less. The black, white and grey backs list moderate biographical information, 2011-2012 season statistics, and moderate career highlights.

What I pulled:
    144 unique cards, no duplicates
    137/150, 91% of the base set (minus SP cards)
    2 3D short print cards
    3 other inserts
    16 dummy/decoy/puzzle/redemption cards
    1 autograph card
    1 game used relic card

Base card front and back:

SP, Inserts and puzzle cards:
    Sissons Top Prospect
    Sea Subway Super Series
    Girard/Athanasiou Memorial Cup
    Bailey, Fucale 3D cards

The Hits:
    Morgan Klimchuk autograph
    Sam Reinhart 4 color patch

************************************************** **************************************

Admittedly, I am not a big hockey guy, much less non-NHL hockey. Not having a NHL or NHLPA license dis not stop ITG from putting out a nice product. The base set card design is simple and clean. I do not like too much flashy or business on cards. I will say though the the 3D short print cards are some of the sharpest cleanest 3D cards I have ever seen. The 3 insert cards could have had a little more flash to them. They tend to blend in with the rest of teh base set cards. They really need something more to differentiate them apart. The hits are alwasy a strong point for ITG. An autograph card with the player's number and a 4-color patch? Nice! I do wish that there were serial numbering on the hits and inserts though. How rare the Gold, Silver, and Black versions?

The Bottom Line:
    I give 2013 In the Game a buy rating. It will be very easy to complete a base set minus the short prints with a box, and some light trading. The biggest questions collectors will face it weather to complete the puzzle cards and redeem them.

The Final Score:
    Final Ratings (Out of 10):
    Base set collect-ability: 9/10
    Big-hit Hunter: 8/10
    Prospector Hunter: 8/10
    Value: 9/10
    Overall Quality: 9/10

Overall: 43/50 (86% = B)

In The Game sent me this box to review for Full Spectrum Baseball. As always I am offering base and insert cards to members here for a SASE.

Thanks to In The Game for making this review possible!
    Last edited by Taliasen; 04-16-2013 at 02:52 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I could use

I could use the game used relic card. LMK if you mail to Canada.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I could use the game used relic card. LMK if you mail to Canada.

As always I am offering base and insert cards to members here for a SASE.

SCF Rewards
    Country

As always I am offering base and insert cards to members here for a SASE.

That being said would you mail it to me in Canada? If so what would I need postage wise on an envelope. I would take it send in a plain white envelope if it was in a top loader. LMK

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 1965Belvedere2's Items on eBay

the Black Number you pulled is numbered to 6,the Silver version is #/3 and the Gold is 1/1.that is just for the Number cards,they are the toughest pulls in the GU'd set(other than special inserts like Complete's,Logo's etc).while you had a great hit i suspect their may be some auto's stuck to your base cards somewhere.they have a tendency to stick to the back of the base cards.one auto is not the norm in H&P.go back and check to see if there are cards stuck together.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That being said would you mail it to me in Canada? If so what would I need postage wise on an envelope. I would take it send in a plain white envelope if it was in a top loader. LMK

The game used card is neither an insert or parallel. Therefore it is not one of the free cards for giveaway. My company gives "hits" away on multiple sites we are members on, including this one. I just sent a bunch of cards to a moderator here last month. That being said, yes, I will mail it to Canada or anywhere else in the world, you just need to supply a self addressed stamped envelope. You need to figure out the postage is. That is what makes it easy for us sending out all of the cards that we do. The point of a SASE is to make it easy on us. Are there any of the BASE or INSERT cards you wanted?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays
    See pieytremblay's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

only one auto and one mem....that doesn't seem right. Maybe you should double check. I myself open about 15 boxes and i always got at least 2 auto and two mem cards per box.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dmaksymyshyn's Items on eBay

although the number was nice, I would be somewhat disappointed with only a 1 auto, 1 gu piece. perhaps I expect too much, but at least a 3 hit box is expected, right? (Gu and auto total). I dunno...