Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See VLADDADDY's Items on eBay

my rant continued!!!!! lol

if anybody took the time to read tmacs post about the state of trading as of late, then you noticed that it got way out of hand and went in the totally wrong direction. i myself was a part of the misdirection too! my personal opinion on the matter is that even though several new members, mostly crossing over from beckett, have joined, trading still has seemed to slowed down on the high-end trading side. it does seem that people more and more are trading strictly off of selling prices on ebay and it's getting old. if cards ell well enough on ebay to have to trade at sell price, sell them on ebay! other wise, lets trade. ebay has pretty much ruined this hobby in a whole. all of this is my opinion and i dont expect anybody to share the same opinion as me. reply if you want with your opinions on my post but please dont get my thread shut down and keep it on topic. if your looking to attack, start your own thread. i only want opinions

See None's Items on eBay

feel the same way like your thinking and im gonna go to bed because i dont feel like argueing again HAHA that did get out of hand

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See VLADDADDY's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by Dillywill
    feel the same way like your thinking and im gonna go to bed because i dont feel like argueing again HAHA that did get out of hand

still available for a nice patch or auto:
    the hardback edition of my opinions!!!!!!!!
    lol

See TMAC2303's Items on eBay

i only hope people open thier eyes to see that we are helping kill this hobby by thinking we have to do the same things everyone else does!! well, we dont thats what makes us individuals!! but if we dont get back to the basics of fun, collectible, & fair trading then its going to ruin these sites & further more help in ruining this hobby in a whole!! e-bay has ruined the hobby & $500 dollar packs have ruined the hobby as well!! thats what proves that this is starting to be a hobby for money makers not card collectors!!! i remember when we would go to the card shop & drop $10 and think damn i spent a lot of money on cards today!! now if you want to buy 2 lower end packs they cost you $10!! i use to buy 6 packs of 90 leaf baseball for $10 & pull griffeys & frank thomas's & dave justice rcs!! and those would make my day!! now those same cards arent worth crap because they were over produced & blah blah!! we all need to get a grip on this hobby in a whole before we all have nothing to do, but sit around twittling are thumbs & listen to our wives & girlfriends scream & yell at us!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ntgiants612's Items on eBay

I'll just say this: I've never had a problem trading on this site as evident by my feedback. I can certainly understand people struggling to find trades with higher-end stuff though because a lot of us don't have that sort of stuff to trade in return. There is a much more limited trading population for high-end stuff.

SCF Rewards

B4 people started going by eBay market price for a trade, they used to go by Beckett prices. If eBay ruined the hobby, shouldn't it be Beckett that ruined the hobby?

This site only deals with low end card trading. And the reason for only low end trading is because high end collectors don't need to trade! They have the cash to buy anything they want. They don't need to trade their way to getting a card they desire.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See metsin19990's Items on eBay

I've had a lot more fun since I decided to focus on Vlad cards, base, inserts, everything. Not just trading GU and autos anymore. I mean, i still do it, but I enjoy trading inserts and base because if you have cards with the same BVs, you can make a trade. you don't have to worry about trading a card that sells well for a card that doesn't sell well - you can just trade for what you want.

Now, there's nothing wrong with the high-end trading, but it's really just not for me. I don't have enough high-end stuff that I am willing to part with, and I don't want to trade them just for the sake of trading. I understand using e-bay values for cards that aren't in Beckett, either because of rarity or because the cards are too new. But besides that, the only time I really check ebay values is if I'm buying.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I wasn't in on the post that you mention, but have some thoughts. I don't really trade on here but I do think that is someone is going to stick with ebay prices, they should just go to ebay and sell there. You would have fees but they aren't that much. I do get a kick out of guys trying to sell a few cards for 2-3 weeks, quoting ebay prices. Plus, when guys do that, they usually don't take an average, they just see the highest BIN.

I don't think I can agree about the ruining of the hobby. if anything ebay has made cards more accessible. That does make less demand, but I would think collector's would enjoy being able to find more items that they want.

I would term it more as a hobby metaphorphasis instead of ruining. Yes, they exquisite stuff is crazy and when you see posts of guys asking if they should buy a 6th case of the stuff you kind of have to laugh...IMO. I think as prices go up on stuff, one would just adjust to collection what they can afford. I personally don't see why anyone buys packs, no matter what the price point, if they are looking to not technically lose money. You have to just do it for the fun.

As far as people saying the hobby being killed, while I'm just a bit over 30, I've been hearing that from different people back when 1989 UD came out. People were complaining about the $1 pack.

m

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree with the trading slowing, and theres nothing we can do. I usually got alot per month, and now its like 5 maybe more if Im lucky. Most people dont leave feedback (I always dont remember, but do If reminded). Ebay isnt that bad. I mean, If I have a Favre Auto that books 200 and sells 150, and someone has an Aikman auto that books 200, and sells 75, would you do it? I sure wouldnt. Theres just too much a difference. Most the time I dont even check, but I could care a less. Sometimes, it does matter a bit though, like in the scenario I mentioned. BV for BV isnt always great, but SV for SV isnt a great solution either. Its tough to get trades! It just all depends on the person I guess.

viking hit it on the head....there are times where bv is just flat out wrong. like take chris shelton for instance right now. i have his studio rookie auto which books for 25$. its selling for over 70$ on ebay. would i trade the shelton for another card with a bv of 25$....sure...but only if that card is also selling for 70$ =)

james

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast