Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality"

Now show me a scripture that tells me to not shave the sides of my hair.

Oh goody, you used that passage, Ok, I'll use these:

"Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
    --1 Tim. 2:11-14

^Every single Christian women is in open rebellion (as Chris said) against god if they don't stay quiet or dare to "usurp" authority over man.

"Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery." (Luke 16:18)

^There you go christians, don't even dare to get a divorce, it's against NT laws.

"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." (Matthew 5:28)

^Boba have you ever looked on a woman with Lust.....uh oh, you just committed Adultery!

I'm going to stop here, but Boba, if you wish to continue, just so you know, I have A LOT more passages in the NT that say stupid things which no reasonable person follows.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

And thank you for hitting the point.Everyone was hoping the backwoods redneck white guy would be the bad guy.Not an intelligent well respected black reporter.Just like Rob Parker was outcast for speaking his mind on RG3.Is this considered wrong of broussard because of belief or race?
    You mean Tebow showed his defense can keep him in a game for 58 minutes so he can flukishly win a game that his teammates were the biggest factor in?

Broussard doesn't fit the stereotype to say what he just said, that's the ironic part to me.

SCF Rewards
    Country

For someone who claims not to follow the Bible you sure do quote it on here CONSTANTLY.Funny how you need the Bible to prove almost every point on here you make.

AJ if someone is making an argument based on a book, I can refute that argument by two ways.

By Reasonable arguments (but that's impossible since the book we are talking about doesn't deal with human logic).

Or by using the same book to make counterarguments.

Now which do you think is more convenient to use?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Which part?

Chris' statement can be paraphrased as follows:

"I believe homosexuality is wrong and sinful, but I tolerate Jason's lifestyle"

It is equivalent to saying.

I believe murder is wrong and sinful, but I tolerate a murderer's actions.

There is an implicit contradiction here.

I don't believe you can tolerate the gay lifestyle while saying it is wrong and sinful.

No. You're equating tolerance with acceptance. They are not the same thing.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I just wonder how you know that book so well but yet use it sometimes out of context.You cannot say you use to be a christian therefore you understand the writings fully then use it as your perch to bash others beliefs.True any book that is written can be questioned I question my Honda owner manual all the time.I know there has to be a better way to change oil but just have not found it.
    AJ if someone is making an argument based on a book, I can refute that argument by two ways.

By Reasonable arguments (but that's impossible since the book we are talking about doesn't deal with human logic).

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh goody, you used that passage, Ok, I'll use these:

1. "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
    --1 Tim. 2:11-14

^Every single Christian women is in open rebellion (as Chris said) against god if they don't stay quiet or dare to "usurp" authority over man.

2. "Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery." (Luke 16:18)

^There you go christians, don't even dare to get a divorce, it's against NT laws.

3."But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." (Matthew 5:28)

^Boba have you ever looked on a woman with Lust.....uh oh, you just committed Adultery!

I'm going to stop here, but Boba, if you wish to continue, just so you know, I have A LOT more passages in the NT that say stupid things which no reasonable person follows.

1. This is referring to the public worship service. Which is why we only have men preach etc.
    2. God hates Divorce. The only time it is scripturally allowed to divorce is if your spouce is unfaithful to you.
    3. Pretty simple, general concept. If you lust after a woman, God veiws it the same as adulty, as he veiws all sin the same. The consequences are the only differences between sins.

I'm not sure how this turned into being about me. But yes I do sin, and that's where Jesus comes into play. Oh and go ahead and continue, not sure if I'll respond to all of them, as it's a waist of time, I follow the Bible and am consistent.

SCF Rewards
    Country

"By Reasonable arguments (but that's impossible since the book we are talking about doesn't deal with human logic).

And this is an arguement that you have made so far.

"He's ignorant for saying that homosexuality is wrong solely based on what a book says.

Right and wrongs don't work that way....it's too bad many christians don't get that.

Furthermore, he's incorrect for saying he's tolerant of Jason Collins lifestyle while at the same time believing he's sinful."

You expect anyone to take you seriously after a syllogism like that haha?

SCF Rewards
    Country

No. You're equating tolerance with acceptance. They are not the same thing.

I think that one can say I don't accept your lifestyle since it is different than mines, but once you make a claim of right and wrong you are passing judgement on that individual.

Which ironically enough is something you are NOT allowed to do as a Christian.

If he is asked do you believe homosexuality is wrong, he can simply say, that is up to god, and I don't have the right to say that a person is wrong just because he does something I don't.

Chris is essentially saying that his morality is better than Jason's.

1. This is referring to the public worship service. Which is why we only have men preach etc.
    2. God hates Divorce. The only time it is scripturally allowed to divorce is if your spouce is unfaithful to you.
    3. Pretty simple, general concept. If you lust after a woman, God veiws it the same as adulty, as he veiws all sin the same. The consequences are the only differences between sins.

I'm not sure how this turned into being about me. But yes I do sin, and that's where Jesus comes into play. Oh and go ahead and continue, not sure if I'll respond to all of them, as it's a waist of time, I follow the Bible and am consistent.

1. I don't care if it's public, private or whatever, do you think that passage is outdated or not?

2. And yet more than 50% of Americans (the large majority are christians) get divorce for a number of reasons.

3. And do you think that adultery and lust are the same concepts? Because humans don't usually put them together.

I'm not making it about you Boba, I'm just asking you that's all. And there's no need for me to continue posting ridiculous NT laws, the ones I already posted are easily refutable.

SCF Rewards
    Country

And this is an arguement that you have made so far.

"He's ignorant for saying that homosexuality is wrong solely based on what a book says.

Right and wrongs don't work that way....it's too bad many christians don't get that.

Furthermore, he's incorrect for saying he's tolerant of Jason Collins lifestyle while at the same time believing he's sinful."

You expect anyone to take you seriously after a syllogism like that haha?

Answer these two questions.

#1 True or False Boba....Christians are allowed to pass judgement on others?

#2 If I say that you are sinful on any sort of manner, am I not implying that your morals are lower than mine?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Whats wrong with women staying silent? I will complicate matters by saying that is more of a prophetic verse then anything. Womens lib was funded by the globalists and others to brainwash them and try and make them all activists against nothing.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast