Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ron Paul says that the government response to Boston was scarier than the bombing.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.co...boston-bombing

Here's something that some of you might find shocking....

I think I agree with Ron Paul (and I don't really like Ron Paul, but that's not the topic)....I also want to show you guys a video, of some of what Boston police did.

I still don't know how I feel about it, but I will let you decide if this is fair or foul.

^I have to admit, this is scary stuff....although like I said, I still don't know exactly how I feel about this....on one hand I can understand wanting to find a mad man who caused a lot of damage and was a potential giant risk to an entire city.....on the other hand, does that give the police the right to raid houses without search warrants and treat people like this?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

In my opinion obviously these were extreme conditions and not a typical day. If they truly thought going door to door would find this terrorist I guess I would have to be for it. I mean what if they didn't do this and he blew up a neighborhood that could have been prevented. The part that does have me bothered is he was found outside the perimeter which means I'm not sure how good their information was.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I kind of agree that it was an extreme reaction, but what tutell said, had he been out setting off other bombs there would have been a lot of explaining to do. It seems way more extreme in hindsight knowing that he was hiding in a boat, injured. I wonder if it would have been much worse had the older brother survived and not the younger one. It seemed like he was leader of the two. It's scary to think they were planning other bombings in NYC.

As far as police going into innocent citizens homes or detaining them while they checked things out... I can imagine it would have been stressful for the people, but in the long run I'd cooperate in those extenuating circumstances.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I have no problem with this whatsoever. What is the alternative? Sit on their hands and wait?

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

You already live in a Police State. Just think of how many times per year you are required to show ID to prove who you are while being in the USA.

I am asked for my identification more times per 6 month period in the USA, than I ever have been in the 43 years that I lived elsewhere, and I don't even drink, or go to bars.

You are so accepting of this policy that it's laughable. You never get asked for identification anywhere else in the Western World, only upon entry into that particular country.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

This is another slippery slope. If it is ok for police to run up in your house looking for terriorist next they will start running up in your house looking for gangbangers, then drunk drivers, shoplifters, people who sell bootleg dvds, where will it end. Pretty soon the police will run up in your house just because they can.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

You already live in a Police State. Just think of how many times per year you are required to show ID to prove who you are while being in the USA.

I am asked for my identification more times per 6 month period in the USA, than I ever have been in the 43 years that I lived elsewhere, and I don't even drink, or go to bars.

You are so accepting of this policy that it's laughable. You never get asked for identification anywhere else in the Western World, only upon entry into that particular country.

the only time I get asked for id is when I'm trying to get into a bar or when it benefits me (i.e. paying with a credit card or doing something at my bank.) I've only been pulled over once in the last 10 years so I had to show my id then too.

I'm curious what where the instances where you've been asked to show ID?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

This is another slippery slope. If it is ok for police to run up in your house looking for terriorist next they will start running up in your house looking for gangbangers, then drunk drivers, shoplifters, people who sell bootleg dvds, where will it end. Pretty soon the police will run up in your house just because they can.

I'm safe. I never drive drunk in my house.

I imagine that if they had come across anything illegal in searches like this, they have no power to act on it. If that would be the case, I have no problem with it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I honestly don't see this happening. If it did then that would be an issue for sure. I'd be curious if anyone was doing something else illegal when they searched homes.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

There are numerous places in States, many of them rural that want to see your accompanying ID when using a credit card.

When I encounter this, I replace the merchandise and leave the establishment, after letting them know that they just lost needed revenue as well as a customer. I was once asked for ID when retuning something to Safeway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast