Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

If I had a problem with Braves and a tomahawk or Chiefs and some feathers, I'd have to have a problem with my local Jr. A hockey team the Warriors and their Roman sentry of a logo/mascot.
    Funny part is, with the heavy native population here, the crowd bangs drums, does native-type chants (think the Braves' tomahawk chop chant) and generally ads an aboriginal element that is wholely positive.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Seminoles are an indigenous, proud Tribe. Braves is word glamourized by the Hollywood Movie Industry.

I don't know about the glamorization of the word braves by hollywood. Actually as a white male I really can't say 100% what would offend native americans. I do think that there are positive names that have native american themes and there are names that are negative and Redskins is 100% negative. I also would think chiefs would fall into the okay names.

I do know the seminole tribe came out against the NCAA ruling forcing all teams to change their names if they had native american references. I thought that was pretty cool.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

Well I have a problem naming teams after animals...all we are doing is exploiting those poor animals

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Well I have a problem naming teams after animals...all we are doing is exploiting those poor animals

Are we using negative stereotypes though? Only the animals can say for sure.

The Detroit Lettuce does sound like a good name, though. Strikes fear, you know?

SCF Rewards
    Country

inb4 someone makes an excuse about tradition.

The fact of the matter is that this is one of the most OFFENSIVE names in all of sports.

Really, the "Redskins"?

Imagine having the Washington Blackskins....with a logo of a stereotypical 1920s black man!

I'm sorry, but this should have been changed a long time ago.....but since Native Americans seem to be a near irrelevant minority, there hasn't been anywhere near the outrage.

SCF Rewards
    Country

inb4 someone makes an excuse about tradition.

The fact of the matter is that this is one of the most OFFENSIVE names in all of sports.

Really, the "Redskins"?

Imagine having the Washington Blackskins....with a logo of a stereotypical 1920s black man!

I'm sorry, but this should have been changed a long time ago.....but since Native Americans seem to be a near irrelevant minority, there hasn't been anywhere near the outrage.

The Washington Crooks

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Name change put forward within the last hour is - Are you ready for it .......

Redtails

Not very creative. Red Feathers would have been a little better, or Red Wigglers.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

The Washington Crooks

This^^^
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

Name change put forward within the last hour is - Are you ready for it .......

Redtails

Not very creative. Red Feathers would have been a little better, or Red Wigglers.

Racists

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Washington Crooks

The logo can show an elephant and donkey kissing while holding money bags.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast