Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Close Call and Mail

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pidge27's Items on eBay

Close Call and Mail

Had a pipe burst in my garage and dump all kinds of water into my Man Cave where I keep my whole hockey card collection. Luckily the only thing that got damaged that I cared about was a 1998 NHL All-Star game program signed to me by Bobby Orr. We lived in BC at the time working for General Motors and so had access to lots of the events since it was at GM Place in Vancouver. Thankfully you can still see the signature and it's just quite wrinkled. 25 plastic bins later and all should be good. That said here is some mail I received to ease the pain. Oh and my enter button is still not working on this site. . Rest are upgrade patches.
    Hidden Content

Looking for 01-02, 02-03 BTP memorabilia

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh and thanks again to Phildo for the patch upgrades.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Geeeeez man, you dodged a bullet there! I'm still waiting for the inevitable catastrophe................

Nice upgrades, especially the Danny & Hank. If only Danny & Hank could get an upgrade..............

SCF Rewards
    Country

HOW DID YOU BID ON THAT TRIPLE!!!! ARRRRRRRGGGGG

I saw it ending at like 4am pacific time with the WORST title ever, when I tried to bid it said "the seller doesnt ship to Canada" BUUUUUUUT it still ends up in Canada! I have an American Mailing Address ...... my bid was 3x the amount you paid for it too ......

These American sellers, shooting themselves in the foot .... well thats annoying ....

*** EDIT *** Looked into things and it looks like the card was picked up by an American, and then relisted. Do you want to know what the card went for, because of a poor title and not letting Canadians bid ...... gonna make you sick ...
    Last edited by canucksfan007; 05-09-2013 at 04:10 PM.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes let me know. It did say it was a Trilogy patch which of course was incorrect.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes let me know. It did say it was a Trilogy patch which of course was incorrect.

Ya, its 03/04 SPGU.

Anyways, the original auction was soo poorly listed I cant even find it right now. It had 2 bids on it, an opening bid of $29.99, and then the bidder I guess upped his bid a 2nd time to make sure he wasnt beat out. I was going to be the 3rd bid, of $100 ..... but it was not allowed to go through ......

Man was I angry, waiting up till the auction was over just to figure out I wasnt able to bid

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ya, its 03/04 SPGU.

Anyways, the original auction was soo poorly listed I cant even find it right now. It had 2 bids on it, an opening bid of $29.99, and then the bidder I guess upped his bid a 2nd time to make sure he wasnt beat out. I was going to be the 3rd bid, of $100 ..... but it was not allowed to go through ......

Man was I angry, waiting up till the auction was over just to figure out I wasnt able to bid

Had the same thing happen to me on a card I have been waiting to get forever. It was a Teemu Selanne 02-03 Premier Patch card /25. I have all the others in the set and saw this one on e-bay. Waited to the last five minutes and put in a bid of $200 as opposed to the current bid of $40. Wouldn't accept my bid because I am Canadian so the seller lost out. I have never seen that card ever again and am kind of resigned to the fact I probably never will. Oh well!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

My ENTER button is not working either only in this site though! BTW that team triple patch is so SICK!
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country

We've been in our first house for almost a year, and my basement is FULL of autographed stuff and hockey cards. I think about the possibility of a flood about once a week......ugh. Glad you got away almost unscathed!

Great cards too! Im not really an Avalanche fan, but I really like their team colors.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See iposportsmarketing's Items on eBay

Oh and thanks again to Phildo for the patch upgrades.

glad they made it!! and my enter button still isn't working either.. ha ha (works fine on iphone and ipad though, just not the PC - go figure)