ddilly

Question Would it be worth it to grade cards?

Hello, I'm new to baseball card collecting (since my youth) and to this forum. Right now I have ~10-15 cards that IMO would be worth grading. My question is would it be worthwhile for me to get them graded or should I just hold on to them as is? I haven't collected baseball cards since high school and it has once again sparked my interest. I welcome your opinions and comments.

Thanks,

Darrin
    :newbie:

Re: Would it be worth it to grade cards?

Originally posted by ddilly
    Hello, I'm new to baseball card collecting (since my youth) and to this forum. Right now I have ~10-15 cards that IMO would be worth grading. My question is would it be worthwhile for me to get them graded or should I just hold on to them as is? I haven't collected baseball cards since high school and it has once again sparked my interest. I welcome your opinions and comments.

Thanks,

Darrin
    :newbie:
    Well it depends on what cards you have and how high you think they will grade.

Basically a card that doesn't get a grade above an 8.5 is not worth grading unless it is a vintage card.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

ddilly
    They came from unopened packs and just by looking at them closely and the grading criteria I'd think they'd be 8.5 or higher.

ddilly
    BTW, they are all decent rookies (Jeter, Randy Johnson, Schilling, and a couple others)

Originally posted by ddilly
    BTW, they are all decent rookies (Jeter, Randy Johnson, Schilling, and a couple others)
    That's good. You really don't want to grade cards that aren't rookie cards.

Grading is good for always keeping cards in their best condition or if you are looking to sell them.

You might want to grade your best one and see what that comes back as. Then you can see if the money is worth it or not.

Now you just have to decide on which company you want to grade the cards.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

whats the bv on the cards... u dont really wanan get a card thats bv is 10 or less as it prolly wont be worth it especially if the card comes back lower than an 8.5

so what would a $30.00 Pujols rookie be worth if it was graded 9.5 or higher

is it really worth grading them??

I look at it this way.

There YOUR cards do what you want to them.

Send one in and if you like it,do it again.
    If not, you know to save your money and wait for someone to sell it on ebay.