Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

had a guy on here offer me 80$ shipped for a 2011 platinum Bryce Harper Auto ... which bv'd at 250$ at the time.... i ended up selling it for 135 or 137

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

I made a similar thread last year. I noticed here that some people are especially rude and most people that aren't interested in a card simply don't say anything. Collectors also spend their money on other things such as group breaks. Don't ask me why, but I have a rant about that too lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes I will only consider a group break if it is a snake draft. Teamrandoms are dumb gambles IMO

SCF Rewards
    Country

well, i have the set builder mindset so i want it cheap BUT i completely understand the seller has to make money on the deal. if i make someone an offer and they reject it then i might bump it up and submit another offer or simply say thanks and walk away. i don't understand rude people who get mad at a seller for not simply giving away their merchandise.

on the flip side what gripes me are sellers who have a $1 card i need but then want to charge me $3,4 or 5 in shipping. those are the same ones who usually take my $3 shipping and the card comes in a toploader in a PWE with a stamp on it. grrrrrrr

BANNED

Country
    See maxe0213's Items on eBay

had a guy on here offer me 80$ shipped for a 2011 platinum Bryce Harper Auto ... which bv'd at 250$ at the time.... i ended up selling it for 135 or 137

Oh Book Value

Anyways, to address this thread.
    I am a reseller and have purchased over 1000 dollars worth of cards here in the past week or week and a half. I just wanted to throw my two sense into this thread. Please do not attack me as I am not trying to start a fight just share my insights.

If someone has a card for sale on here for 120 lets say. Said card sells for 120 on ebay but fluctuates. I'll usually start out by offering 75-80 dollars. Some people will accept(I have gotten many steals. Just in the past week picked up a card for 62 that I flipped for 150 and another for 45 that I plan to flip for close to 100) because they want paypal immediately to fund another purchase or they just want to move the card and don't want to let the card sit on ebay for a week to wait. A low offer like that is not meant to be a personal attack. Its just meant to be a beginning point to negotiations to put out a feeler and see where the seller is at and how much they are willing to negotiate.

HOWEVER,
    The one thing that pisses me off the most is when someone says "Card sells for 100 on ebay, Selling under ebay for 95!"

No you are not selling under ebay. Ebay takes 10% fees (not including paypal because you have to pay that here anyways). So selling AT ebay would be 90 dollars on that card. Don't attack me for offering 75 on that card when realistically you will only get 15 more dollars and have to wait another week.

Also, the people who quote me prices over ebay and then tell me I'm wrong on my prices. uhm how am I wrong when I take the past 3-5 sales depending on the card and whether there is an outlier in there or not and average them and then take away 10% to find ebay price and then usually subtract another 5-10% to get to my price. Just because one sold for 150 in april but every other sale is 95-100 doesn't mean you have a 150 dollar card

Sorry I'm just venting on this thread lol. Feel free to respond to me as I'd love to have a civilized conversation with any of you about this. Just please don't attack me. I'm not looking to fight anyone as I get enough of that crap in PM's lol.

GL to you all in your buying and selling endeavors.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

Oh Book Value

Anyways, to address this thread.
    I am a reseller and have purchased over 1000 dollars worth of cards here in the past week or week and a half. I just wanted to throw my two sense into this thread. Please do not attack me as I am not trying to start a fight just share my insights.

If someone has a card for sale on here for 120 lets say. Said card sells for 120 on ebay but fluctuates. I'll usually start out by offering 75-80 dollars. Some people will accept(I have gotten many steals. Just in the past week picked up a card for 62 that I flipped for 150 and another for 45 that I plan to flip for close to 100) because they want paypal immediately to fund another purchase or they just want to move the card and don't want to let the card sit on ebay for a week to wait. A low offer like that is not meant to be a personal attack. Its just meant to be a beginning point to negotiations to put out a feeler and see where the seller is at and how much they are willing to negotiate.

HOWEVER,
    The one thing that pisses me off the most is when someone says "Card sells for 100 on ebay, Selling under ebay for 95!"

No you are not selling under ebay. Ebay takes 10% fees (not including paypal because you have to pay that here anyways). So selling AT ebay would be 90 dollars on that card. Don't attack me for offering 75 on that card when realistically you will only get 15 more dollars and have to wait another week.

Also, the people who quote me prices over ebay and then tell me I'm wrong on my prices. uhm how am I wrong when I take the past 3-5 sales depending on the card and whether there is an outlier in there or not and average them and then take away 10% to find ebay price and then usually subtract another 5-10% to get to my price. Just because one sold for 150 in april but every other sale is 95-100 doesn't mean you have a 150 dollar card

Sorry I'm just venting on this thread lol. Feel free to respond to me as I'd love to have a civilized conversation with any of you about this. Just please don't attack me. I'm not looking to fight anyone as I get enough of that crap in PM's lol.

GL to you all in your buying and selling endeavors.

what about them? the card was selling on ebay for around 200$ at the time. the bv was 200-250^ was pretty spot on imo...i just needed cash quickly

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

someone offered me 20$ shipped for my trout purple chrome draft wich sells for around 45 - 50 on the bay........ridiculous

BANNED

Country
    See maxe0213's Items on eBay

what about them? the card was selling on ebay for around 200$ at the time. the bv was 200-250^ was pretty spot on imo...i just needed cash quickly

99 percent of cards do not sell for BV. The most definite and accurate way to Price a card when selling is ebay and using average sales.

However, in terms of Harper and Trout and Darvish etc. when they are at their peak BV is pretty close. I just don't see why people would ask 100 dollars if the card had a BV of 100 but an average ebay SV of 20.
    someone offered me 20$ shipped for my trout purple chrome draft wich sells for around 45 - 50 on the bay........ridiculous

That however is ridiculous, 20 shipped for that card is extremely low and I can understand why you would say ridiculous to that. I admit that I lowball people sometimes but that is only as a starting point to negotiations, but my low offers are never as unfair as 20 dollars on a card that sells 50. I believe I bought the Trout Purple from you (however I may be thinking of someone else) We came to a deal that seemed to be a win win for both of us (allowed me to make a nice profit as well as give you pretty fair dollar value for your card).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dotcomvalu's Items on eBay

I don't mind if people lowball as long as they are respectful about it. I have had people badger me multiple times quoting the lowest Ebay price and telling me that I must need the money and will never get more for it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

99 percent of cards do not sell for BV. The most definite and accurate way to Price a card when selling is ebay and using average sales.

However, in terms of Harper and Trout and Darvish etc. when they are at their peak BV is pretty close. I just don't see why people would ask 100 dollars if the card had a BV of 100 but an average ebay SV of 20.

That however is ridiculous, 20 shipped for that card is extremely low and I can understand why you would say ridiculous to that. I admit that I lowball people sometimes but that is only as a starting point to negotiations, but my low offers are never as unfair as 20 dollars on a card that sells 50. I believe I bought the Trout Purple from you (however I may be thinking of someone else) We came to a deal that seemed to be a win win for both of us (allowed me to make a nice profit as well as give you pretty fair dollar value for your card).

yeah you bought it. was a fair deal

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast