Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gowarrior's Items on eBay

Here's a weird one... I grew up in Connecticut and wrestled in high school. WWE legend Bob Backlund also lived/lives in CT and was very active on the amateur wrestling circuit as he was an actual national wrestling champion in college before he became a pro wrestler.

Anyway, I'm at a wrestling tournament with my team at a school gym and in walks Bob Backlund. Being a huge pro wrestling fan I grabbed a teammate of mine and we approached Bob for an autograph. He was very nice but denied our request. He told us that if we could memorize all of the presidents of the United States we should call him he would send us each a signed 8x10. So he wrote down his phone number and that was it. I kept the piece of paper with his phone number on it... I thought that was cooler than an autograph!

I have since met Bob many times and have actually done some work with him so I've finally gotten his autograph, haha.
    Last edited by GoWarrior; 05-08-2013 at 06:06 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

........I was with my family at The Statue of Liberty and we got an autograph and a picture with my niece and Darryl Strawberry about 3 years ago......she is a big Yanks fan from Chicago

BANNED

Country

Back when Jeremy Lin wasn't "Linsanity" and a normal college kid at Harvard, he often attended the same Chinese church that I went to and lead the youth fellowship before. I remember when he first moved to Massachusetts and came to the church and we all knew that he played basketball but it wasn't really a big deal. I remember going to a couple Harvard basketball games and thats when I had a feeling that he would be a great NBA player someday. To top it all off, he tutored me once in Math and I remember asking for his autographs afterwards. I think he might've signed my textbook or something lol. But when he came back to TD Garden last year, he invited our senior pastor and his wife to attend the game and give them a signed basketball and jersey to display and raffle off. Last summer, Jeremy got a welcome home party in Boston at our yearly retreat and he even delivered his testimony and signed autographs afterwards. Our church had these 4x6 photo cards that they passed out which was pre-signed so that as pretty cool. I know that my pastor and him still talk regularly and his daughter was his classmate at Harvard. Hopefully we'll be able to see Jeremy again this summer, he's like family and thankfully, fame never changed that. I didn't know it at the time but now it really cool to realize that Jeremy Lin went to your church, tutor you, and even played pick up basketball in the park.

I might still have my Pre Cal textbook somewhere, I'll have to find it someday haha.
    Last edited by Captain; 05-10-2013 at 07:35 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm trying think of some more, but the two that popped in my mind are:

1. Glen Rice in San Diego airport who signed a note pad that I took from a Holiday Inn lol. I saw him get on my connection flight in Dallas and I couldn't think who he was. Then it popped into my head. So after getting off the flight we ask for a picture and autograph. Then a couple months later he (I think) got arrested for domestic violence against his wife.

2. Chris Gedney (former Bears TE). My cousin was a bouncer and bartender in a bar. His family lived in the area and he would frequent the bar when he was in town. So my cousin knew when he was coming to the bar and I sat there waiting for him. He signed the ball and was really cool. I was like 11 years old at the time and basically just sat at the bar all night lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thought of another one:

I worked for a minor league baseball team and Robin Yount's son was playing. There were rumors he was going to be at the ballpark. We were told from day 1 to never ask for players autographs, so tonight was no different. I didn't have a baseball on me and I couldn't buy one at the store because I didn't want to alarm the manager. They let me out early, but I sat in my truck waiting for a good half hour for the game to end. I parked so I could watch him come down the steps. As I see him walking down, I run up to him and he signed my business card lol. Then I ran away so nobody would see me. However, I did watch my friend get a baseball signed. Damn!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12