Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPA vs SPX

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Michigan Wolverines Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @kylemclaren7 See kydollarsign's Items on eBay Instagram:

SPA vs SPX

Both products are close in price, SPA is usually a little more expensive, but not enough that I would put it in a different price range. SPX boxes have less packs, but hits are usually close in number between the two. My question is this.... I don't have a preference, I like a good RC just as much as I like a good jersey or auto card... but I'm considering buying a bunch of boxes of one of these products from varying years throughout since the lockout, but I'm not sure which one I should do that with? What set would you guys prefer? The only factor I really care about is the ability of the cards to hold their value, I don't have a lot of either brand in my PC, so I'm not extremely familiar with either. Any advice would be helpful! thanks!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Most people will tell you SP authentic is better than spx.

The rookies are highly collected, and will hold a higher value in the long run. The patch auto rookie parallels are a top 3 rookie parallel set every year. Also, spa is hard signed, while spx is a sticker auto.

I believe most people will tell you that behind the UD Young Guns, SP Authentic future watch auto rookies are the #2 staple in any collection
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See harpercollector's Items on eBay

Most people will tell you SP authentic is better than spx.

The rookies are highly collected, and will hold a higher value in the long run. The patch auto rookie parallels are a top 3 rookie parallel set every year. Also, spa is hard signed, while spx is a sticker auto.

I believe most people will tell you that behind the UD Young Guns, SP Authentic future watch auto rookies are the #2 staple in any collection

This. The Future Watch Auto's are very sought after and personally I think the design of them are better than the SPx Rookies year in year out. And they are hard signed as well which is a huge bonus.
    Good luck with whatever you decide to bust as they are both fun products with lots of packs!
    Happy breaking and welcome to the boards

SCF Rewards
    Country

This. The Future Watch Auto's are very sought after and personally I think the design of them are better than the SPx Rookies year in year out. And they are hard signed as well which is a huge bonus.
    Good luck with whatever you decide to bust as they are both fun products with lots of packs!
    Happy breaking and welcome to the boards

thanks guys! i had no idea a website like this existed lol; i've basically spent my entire day and last night reading posts lol, appreciate the advice!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Like the others, I would definitely suggest SP Authentic is the way to go. Three hard-signed autographs per box, the chance at some stellar dual- and triple- and quad- and higher-signed cards, and a fantastic design every year. SPx, while it does have some strong suits, is not quite as collectible or valuable in the longer term.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See theofleury14's Items on eBay

unless they're of HoF players, SPx cards do not hold value at all. With SPA, you have the popular Future Watch RCs and the even more popular Future Watch Limited patches. No to mention the star limited auto patches, Chirography autos, etc.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

There are a couple of subsets within SPx that I like, and would like to see incorporated into my long-dreamed-of mega-SP set...

Shadowboxes - visually stunning cards, even more amazing with the autographed versions
    The rookie ARP's - upgrade to hard-signed, keep strictly limited

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

I prefer SPA. Hard-signed with clean designs. In SPx, RCs have sticker autos and photoshoot jsy swatches. For the veterans, I prefer hard-signed autographs to jersey cards.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

SPA is usually a lot more expensive (just check out the difference in price between the two for 08/09, if you can find 08/09 SPA anywhere).

SCF Rewards
    Country

SPA is usually a lot more expensive (just check out the difference in price between the two for 08/09, if you can find 08/09 SPA anywhere).

150 for SPA to 100 to SPX (per box) is more expensive, but i wouldnt say they are different price ranges.... thanks everyone for your answers! love this!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast