Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: IRS Scandal

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I listened to an interview yesterday about this. they are saying when they applied for a 503a, they were forced by the IRS to take the 503c (could have those numbers wrong)

Ok, provided that's true, why?

SCF Rewards
    Country

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...isition-update

The passionately pro-Israel organization Z STREET filed a lawsuit against the IRS, claiming it had been told by an IRS agent that because the organization was “connected to Israel,” its application for tax-exempt status would receive additional scrutiny. This admission was made in response to a query about the lengthy reveiw of Z STREET’s tax exempt status application.

In addition, the IRS agent told a Z STREET representative that the applications of some of those Israel-related organizations have been assigned to “a special unit in the D.C. office to determine whether the organization’s activities contradict the Administration’s public policies.” . . .

And at least one purely religious Jewish organization, one not focused on Israel, was the recipient of bizarre and highly inappropriate questions about Israel. Those questions also came from the same non-profit division of the IRS at issue for inappropriately targeting politically conservative groups. The IRS required that Jewish organization to state “whether [it] supports the existence of the land of Israel,” and also demanded the organization “[d]escribe [its] religious belief system toward the land of Israel.”

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

My initial reaction was GOOD, because I genuinely despise the insane tea party.

But then I came to my senses and realized that this was something that is egregiously wrong and I would have a problem if they were targeting other groups.

I guess now the blame party begins, and of course people will say it was Obama's doing.....even though the White House or the the POTUS do NOT control anything dealing with the IRS.

I'm sure an investigation will occur.

SCF Rewards
    Country

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...olunteers.html

Revealed: The 55 questions the IRS asked one tea party group after more than two years of waiting – including demands for names of all its donors and volunteers

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

first, they were forced to be classified as non profit, they did not want it.
    second if this was liberal groups being harassed obama would have said something by now. not obama's fault, but would he have commented on it if it was a group from his side?

Yes the IRS did go after several liberasl groups during the bush years

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes the IRS did go after several liberasl groups during the bush years

IF they did, then I feel absolutely no mercy that they went after the DISGUSTING and utterly mentally ill tea party.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

stop guessing and google it

SCF Rewards
    Country

stop guessing and google it

Good Idea....and look what I found:

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/14/when...eted_liberals/

http://www.politicususa.com/irs-targ...ches-bush.html

I hereby feel absolutely NO MERCY for the IRS targeting anyone involved with the radical and dangerous group known as the "tea party".

Furthermore, A group that openly advocates for revolution and "Taking down the government" SHOULD be looked at.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I watched a documentary abut this and people like Cisco were not getting any breaks and thus left.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-...eting-scandal/

I wonder why the IRS was after the teapartiers in 2012? was it about the presidential election? why hasn't Obama condemned the IRS for this?

he has now. this is the statement.

"I have now had the opportunity to review the Treasury Department watchdog’s report on its investigation of IRS personnel who improperly targeted conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status. And the report’s findings are intolerable and inexcusable. The federal government must conduct itself in a way that’s worthy of the public’s trust, and that’s especially true for the IRS. The IRS must apply the law in a fair and impartial way, and its employees must act with utmost integrity. This report shows that some of its employees failed that test.

I’ve directed Secretary Lew to hold those responsible for these failures accountable, and to make sure that each of the Inspector General’s recommendations are implemented quickly, so that such conduct never happens again. But regardless of how this conduct was allowed to take place, the bottom line is, it was wrong. Public service is a solemn privilege. I expect everyone who serves in the federal government to hold themselves to the highest ethical and moral standards. So do the American people. And as President, I intend to make sure our public servants live up to those standards every day."
    Last edited by Star_Cards; 05-15-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast