Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Maurice Richard Inkredible....

I was at my lcs picking up some supplies, and I saw they had a 99/00 UD Retro Maurice Richard auto for sale. Like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-00-UD-Ret...item3cd0e8cdaf of course they sell the card at beckett value $200.00. I want to support the shop, but is $200 a reasonable price or are they overcharging? it's currently selling on ebay for around $130, I've got no problem supporting the little guys but I don't want to be gouged. This particular shop is pretty firm on their prices aswell. If I'm lucky I'll get the card for $185 than they'll add the taxes and I'll end up paying $200 anyway. Any opinions are helpful.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wouldnt buy it. Support your shop by buying wax and supplies.... unless they will atleast come close to ebay prices, stay away from singles.

Im sure they are very aware of ebay .... and it just makes sense on your end to take the cheapest price possible.

I find it odd that you're paying tax on the singles .... maybe its my LCS's that are weird, but ive never paid tax on any singles ive bought in the last 10 years ...

I actually used to go by the shop on Saturdays to see what he was about to list on Sundays ..... I was happy to get a little less than average prices sales on ebay .... and he was equally happy not to deal with the ebay fees and idiot buyers =)
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

Taxes must be charged, anything sold out of the store must have taxes attached. Either your LCS owner just includeds the tax in the price of the card to make it easier for him to sell or he's not ethically running his business, wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter. There's always been a dark side to running a hobby shop, and the CRA is completely aware of it.

I wouldnt buy it. Support your shop by buying wax and supplies.... unless they will atleast come close to ebay prices, stay away from singles.

Im sure they are very aware of ebay .... and it just makes sense on your end to take the cheapest price possible.

I find it odd that you're paying tax on the singles .... maybe its my LCS's that are weird, but ive never paid tax on any singles ive bought in the last 10 years ...

I actually used to go by the shop on Saturdays to see what he was about to list on Sundays ..... I was happy to get a little less than average prices sales on ebay .... and he was equally happy not to deal with the ebay fees and idiot buyers =)

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

It's common for LCS to sell single at Beckett high BV. Many seem to forget that LCS have a location, electricity and employees to pay. SO normal they will charge more then a single person that do not pay income tax on sales and various store fee. As a business, you need to pay the cost first before you get a income. So if they want to stay open as a business they will charge more. Then it's up to you to decide if you check ebay or buy it there. Remember that if a card sell for 130 on internet you might end up paying 20$ on delivery as many will only send with signature and with insurance. But patience may end up saving you money.
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect