Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See carddude81_21's Items on eBay

Angry breaking up lots and selling them on ebay????

what can i do to make sure that i don't lose money by only selling it for a penny? that's happened a couple of times when i broke up a lot i got, and tried selling it individually. When this happens, I tend not to want to put up more stuff for I feel like I'm getting a pretty cool card or lot of cards, and then i'm giving them away for nothing.
    thanks
    brady

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hjeepxj's Items on eBay

What are we talking here? GU? Commons? Star cards?

What you need to do is calculate your per card expenses.

Then you need to set a price with a markup that you feel you can get.

Then you price it accordingly...

EX: I buy 10,000 commons w/a few stars/RCs at .5c each...then I split them up into the teams, and get 100 lots of 100 cards, and price them at .01c ebay bids, with 3$ shipping (it costs me about 2$ to ship 100 cards, so im making about 1$ profit for ea 100 card lot. So therefore im making .01c a card, doubling my $.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Min. Starting bid(same fee 1 cent up to $9.99) Or reserve. Maybe a store with fixed prices.

SCF Rewards
    See susiesink's Items on eBay

I know this may sound stupid but pretend to be an idiot. If you are selling baseball cards say that you bought the lot for the football ones that came with it and know nothing about Baseball. I've done this a couple of times of ebay.co.uk and sold boxes of 500 cards for Ł9.99 ($15-$20). Have actually made a profit on some pretty worthless cards. Listing with BIN and Best Offer also help.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dengarone's Items on eBay

Meuandthelot the fees for eBay have changed .01 to .99 is different now, then 1.00-9.99. Here is the table I got from eBay. The changed this I believe in February of this year.

Insertion Fees
    Starting or Reserve Price Insertion Fee
    $0.01 – $0.99 $0.20
    $1.00 – $9.99 $0.35
    $10.00 – $24.99 $0.60
    $25.00 – $49.99 $1.20
    $50.00 – $199.99 $2.40
    $200.00 – $499.99 $3.60
    $500.00 or more $4.80

Dengar

ALF

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dengarone's Items on eBay

Also, if anyone wants to see the entire fee structure before posting on eBay, here is the link:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

Dengar

ALF

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Chicago Bears
    Twitter: @Rick Polus

Quote Originally Posted by spngbb
    If your looking for a free way to sell the cards you cuold always try our new site. WE are getting lots of traffic and always looking for more good sellers. Give it a look.

Thanks
    Curtis
    www.sportsfanauctions.com

If you're looking to spam your site please only make posts about it in the Sites and Auctions Forum. Thanks

Rick