Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

1 box and 4 pack searched anthology packs

Just to clarify, I DID NOT search any packs, but I purchased 4 packs from what I thought was a new box, only to discover that the "new box" had 12 packs instead of 10 (translation: someone pack searched 2 boxes and took 4 packs from each then combined what was left).

here are the hits:

Didn't do horribly all things considered, but after I purchased the 4 packs I examined the rest and realized that any and all "fat" packs were gone.

So I gave the shop owner and earfull and drove 30 minutes to the only other LCS available to buy a fresh box.

Here are the hits from the full box, the Bobby Ryan Prism is /25:

the print is small, but the silhouette is Sam Gagner

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jasonthenicest's Items on eBay

Nice pull bud. I love the look of those Intensity cards, nice redemption too. Can't wait to get my box today.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country

This stuff honestly went from being the biggest bomb of 2011-12 to probably the best value this year.

$100 for 11 hits, all of the inserts numbered. Really nice designs too.

Can't argue with those numbers.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This stuff honestly went from being the biggest bomb of 2011-12 to probably the best value this year.

I don't know about that. I have yet to see a box broken with a hit worth well over 100 bucks, and I've watched many. I know there are some, but I think the value is really bad. plain jersey cards shouldnt even count as hits anymore, and the rookie class is just tough to get any value out of. I like the product, but to say it has good value may only be on a relative scale.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country

I don't know about that. I have yet to see a box broken with a hit worth well over 100 bucks, and I've watched many. I know there are some, but I think the value is really bad. plain jersey cards shouldnt even count as hits anymore, and the rookie class is just tough to get any value out of. I like the product, but to say it has good value may only be on a relative scale.

I guess any box that doesn't have one hit worth the entire cost of the box then it isn't good?

Seriously, say hello to EXACTLY what it wrong with the entire mentality of the hobby.

I would rather get my money's worth out of every box with a consistently good mix of cards and great looking designs, then to strike out 9 times out of 10 and hit a grandslam on the 10th.

BANNED

Country
    See Cardcaptain91's Items on eBay

If they numbered the jersey's I think that would bring value up. But with the amount you get in a box helps the value.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wingsfan-13's Items on eBay

Nice break!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I guess any box that doesn't have one hit worth the entire cost of the box then it isn't good?

Seriously, say hello to EXACTLY what it wrong with the entire mentality of the hobby.

I would rather get my money's worth out of every box with a consistently good mix of cards and great looking designs, then to strike out 9 times out of 10 and hit a grandslam on the 10th.

Then yes, if your goal is to spend 100 bucks on a box containing 5 or 6 "hits" that you could buy on ebay for $50 bucks or less, then this product is for you. But I think you can accomplish that with a lot of other products and still have a chance at hitting a very high dollar card at the same time. i just dont see the risk/reward in this product like a lot of other products because I think it lacks any ultra valuable chase element. I guess if you pull a gold prism of a good player or solid veteran silhouette, youre going to do pretty well, but while I'm throwing my money away anyway, I would at least like there to tbe CHANCE to pull a super valuable card, and I don't think that is present with Anthology.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

Then yes, if your goal is to spend 100 bucks on a box containing 5 or 6 "hits" that you could buy on ebay for $50 bucks or less, then this product is for you. But I think you can accomplish that with a lot of other products and still have a chance at hitting a very high dollar card at the same time. i just dont see the risk/reward in this product like a lot of other products because I think it lacks any ultra valuable chase element. I guess if you pull a gold prism of a good player or solid veteran silhouette, youre going to do pretty well, but while I'm throwing my money away anyway, I would at least like there to tbe CHANCE to pull a super valuable card, and I don't think that is present with Anthology.

Same could be said for SP Authentic though....but regardless, I think the product is better than I thought it would be, and much better than the 11/12 version, but still the whole rookie class deal sucks the value out of it. Should be a fun set for set builders though....

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country

Not sure which box you were looking at, but I count 13 hits.

1 Jsy/auto hard signed
    1 rc jsy/auto sticker
    1 sticker auto
    2 jersey
    2 regular rookies /999
    3 inserts /999
    1 insert /500
    1 prizm rc
    1 prizm refractor /25

I never said it was outstanding, but from what I have seen, this years anthology is providing some fun breaks (good variety of nice looking cards). That is all I look for in a break. I may not have the chance at a $1000 card, but I'm also not losing my shirt for the chance. This product is in the same price range per box as Series 1 and Black Diamond, and you don't see many $100+ sale value cards come out of those either, but no one complains.

Maybe the problem is that certain "collectors" have redefined "hit" so that inserts and rookies don't count anymore. I guess it isn't a hit unless you can flip it for pretty good money instantly.

Yep, the hobby is definitely progressing down the right path.
    Last edited by adamslogik; 06-07-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast