Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Used Prices

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See qball0730's Items on eBay

Game Used Prices

I heard from someone that because game used are so common in the marketplace that you can usually only sell them for between 20%-25% of book value as where most cards can be sold for 35%-40% of book value, do you guys feel this is true or is my friend misinformed...

See cfa10123's Items on eBay

That's very true. A game used card worth $20, can be picked up for $2.

Tim

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes Game Used cards are worth nothing nowadays. All of the prices continue to fall because companies make too many of them. They are turning into insert cards of the early 1990s.

SCF Rewards

what exactly is a game used sports card?

Can anyone scan an example?

I've got an Upper Deck Kobe that says "game dated"

is this the same?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by podstock
    what exactly is a game used sports card?

Can anyone scan an example?

I've got an Upper Deck Kobe that says "game dated"

is this the same?

A Game Used card has a piece of jersey or bat or ball on a card.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bonds-4-mvp's Items on eBay

Re: Game Used Prices

Originally posted by Qball76
    I heard from someone that because game used are so common in the marketplace that you can usually only sell them for between 20%-25% of book value as where most cards can be sold for 35%-40% of book value, do you guys feel this is true or is my friend misinformed...

While it's true most Gu only go for 20-25% BV, I disagree with your friend in his assessment that most cards can be sold for 35-40% BV. Some of the autos and hotter RCs may go for that much, but normal inserts go for under 10% BV.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Re: Re: Game Used Prices

Originally posted by bbgiants
    While it's true most Gu only go for 20-25% BV, I disagree with your friend in his assessment that most cards can be sold for 35-40% BV. Some of the autos and hotter RCs may go for that much, but normal inserts go for under 10% BV.

Actually Autograph, Rookie Cards, and low numbered cards can go for a lot more than what they book for. Its all supply and demand.

See cfa10123's Items on eBay

Supply and demand is what it boils down to. A /10 insert/auto/jersey whatever, will likely go for a lot of money if it were to sell.

Tim

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by stkmtimo
    Supply and demand is what it boils down to. A /10 insert/auto/jersey whatever, will likely go for a lot of money if it were to sell.

Tim

Yup. That's why whenever I get game used cards now. They have to be numbered or autograph under a print run of 25.

SCF Rewards

pwaldo, are you serious? Only 25 print run?

That would make the card extremely rare and pricey, compared to the hundreds of thousands of cards produced.

how much does such a card go for?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast