Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Display Case

Display Case

I would like to get a display case for my wall. I want one with the glass door on the front. Besides for ebay any ideas where I can get one.

make it...i made one for myself...took me 1 afternoon.....and do not use glass...plexi glass is better

I had one made custom, it wasnt cheap, but it is one of the best collection investments I ever made!!
    I went to a custom cabinet/drawer/etc shop, and the lady came over to take measurements, and get an idea for what I wanted. She took one of each of the kind of card cases I had so that each row was just the right height to fit each kind of case that I used.
    Here is a pic:

Or if your handy with making things yourself (which Im NOT) then you can build it yourself like Anthony did, but Glass is better, I dont think plexiglass blocks out UV Rays which can cause card damage. But maybe Im wrong.

Rob

raylewis.....VERY impressive display case! any problems with the kids gettin into it?

I had a decent experience recently getting a 23 baseball display case from http://www.egiftboutique.com/ Search for their stuff on ebay & then contact them directly to get the ebay price direct from them. Worked well for me!
    All trades must be sent in bubble mailers. Thanks!
    Hidden Content
    Currently looking for set needs, and GU or Autos of Gary Carter, Mike Piazza, & David Wright. Also into most HOFers & major stars.

Raylew- That is one of the coolest things i have EVER seen. How much did it cost? I so HAVE to get that done lol

Wow, Rob. That is so impressive--now I'm inspired to get a better-paying job, lol. How do you access the cards--sliding windows/backdoor/ceiling door? Is there some lighting/light bulbs inside (I hope not candles, lol)?

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to address the first post of this thread. Check out these links for some ideas:

displayco.com
    displaycaseart.com

I found these just by Googling "card display case". You can find many more helpful related links by doing the same.

Softballa, I also made 2 cases out of Plexiglass like Anthony did. It doesn't take long at all and I had all of the material so I didn't have to buy any. I used a vertical arm saw and a drill and finished it in 2 days.

Maybe Anthony can let you know the cost of plexi-glass, but wood is pretty inexpensive depending on the size of your case, or if there is construction going on in your area, get their scrap. If you don't want to use plexi and you have an old window laying around you can use the glass from there, as long as it is the right size.

Still, if you want it to look really professional get the persons number that Raylew used and have them do it.

Dengar

ALF

whoa! that is a awesome display case to go with what looks like a big house too! lol props to you man!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast