Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why legends/GOTG are popular

Why legends/GOTG are popular

I personally love the 1997 Legends set because it was a set where the logo was not air brushed out and most of the shots were action (I can't believe the Montana sitting on the bench) Plus the fact that you get 3 to 5 autos per box. I really think that the reason that they are so popular vs todays sets are the fact that we as collectors have a history with the players. We remember one of our favorite players that we grew up with. In essence we get cards to be nostalgic about. I don't think that that is the case with todays cards. There are so many rookies that haven't done really anything that we haven't gotten the chance to know. So how can you expect me to give my money to buy a card of a guy who has done nothing and on top of it can't sign his name. Some of the collectors today think that guys like Ray Lewis are the best but they don't know about Huff, Nitschke, Singletary, Butkus or Lambert I think that these cards are great in the fact that they give todays collectors the chance to learn about yesterdays heros.

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    Well said!

I also think the 1997 UD Legends Auto set was the best thing the Football hobby has seen. The 2004 and 2005 sets have been good as well. The 2005 added a favorite of mine...Herb Adderley.

First off not to rag on grammar because mine is horrible. But are you trying to say Nitschke instead of nitzeke??? Im a bit lost by that name.

I have to agree too as well. Another reason to consider the GOTG and legends sets is that these autos NEVER lose value. These players have played very successful careers and have no chance of going down with injury or becomming a bust. With Rookies its a hit or miss situation and most people dont like that. Who wants to put down all that money on cards like an AJ Feely contenders to just see it drop in value.

Jay

I like the older legends sets because the sigs are on the card and not on a stupid sticker.

Even in an old player commits a crime, then runs away from authorities on national television, the value won't diminish.

I was wondering does anyone have any info on the ud legends boxes? I want to buy some if they are still around? Any info would be appreciated. Thanx

97 UD Legends is extremely popular for several reasons.
    1. First "certified" autos in a pack
    2. High End Brand Released them
    3. First Retro football set
    4. 4-5 Autos Per Box (and it was cheap when it came out)
    5. The BIGGEST names in football along with a ton of HOF'ers
    6. Fantastic photography

As for finding boxes of this stuff, not a chance. If you do, it's probably been serached, and if it hasn't it's going to set you back $600.

Hmm I personally think thats about 200 over.. I found a few boxes for about 350-400 unsearched. That was about 6 months ago.

Jay

I would love if someone could set me up with that info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast