Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Marijuana Should Be Legalized

Discuss.

BANNED

Country

Less harmful to your body than if you licked a ball inside of a children's ball pit.

Have the same rules as alcohol, which kills thousands more than the amount of people who smoke too many marijuanas (I'd say about 7 whole marijuanas is OD limit)

On a serious note, just got back from a business trip to my hometown, Seattle- where marijuana is 99% fully legalized. It's not like there are hippies and 1st graders walking down the street, beyond toasted causing public safety problems.

Talking to a couple people at the conference, who were Seattle locals, said to them not much has really changed since the bill took effect. I mean, a few years ago the police chief of Seattle said that, to him, minor marijuana and paraphernalia possession was akin to speeding, or running a red light.

With the legalization obviously comes a bunch of unanswered questions. But many other questions remain. How does the state plan to collect taxes, when federally insured banks won’t let marijuana businesses open accounts? How much pot-related advertising will be allowed, if any? Will there be caps on the numbers of growers and processors licensed to provide pot and pot products to the stores? What should be done with all the plants — stalks, roots and leaves — after harvest?

But still the state is saying they should have state sold marijuana by early 2014.

Hot debate with dozens of opinions

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I went to Vancouver for a Canucks game on April 20th and walked right through the 4:20 celebration to get to the open team store on Robson St.
    I've never had a problem with marijuana and have enough faith in humanity to believe it won't turn into what many say it will. Walking through that massive crowd, you wouldn't have been able to believe that city rioted at all. It was the most docile and joyful crowd I've ever seen.

Funny thing is, my dad has a problem with marijuana legalization said the exact same thing, and hasn't been so against it since.

At the same time, it does come with health and societal problems, but no more than fast food or shopping in the long term, if 100% legal and regulated. The money saved on petty possession charges as well as tax revenue could be a huge boost for many governments. Add to that the time saved in the courts and on the streets and it's nothing but logical.

Canada is unfortunately moving in the opposite direction. It's looking like the Conservative government wants to eventually privatize prisons (read: everything) which would immediately make marijuana more profitable as an illegal substance than as a legal one.
    That, along with the pull that pharmaceutical companies and organized crime (who both stand to lose on this and, at time, are virtually indistinguishable) has with government is why we're even having this debate.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

"Less harmful to your body than if you licked a ball inside of a children's ball pit."

What is it with this country and these giant inflatable FETID castles/houses with balls, slides, hiding, and bouncy areas, they are on every street corner, parking lot, and in every white trash front yard.

Yeee-Uck
    Last edited by centrehice; 06-22-2013 at 02:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I think that means yes?

BANNED

Country

"Less harmful to your body than if you licked a ball inside of a children's ball pit."

What is it with this country and these giant inflatable FETID castles/houses with balls, slides, hiding, and bouncy areas, they are on every street corner, parking lot, and in every white trash front yard.

Yeee-Uck

I Have no clue but htey are disgusting!!!!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

But still the state is saying they should have state sold marijuana by early 2014.

Hot debate with dozens of opinions

When Canada first legalized medical marijuana, there was soon a HUGE uproar about the quality of marijuana, which was government grown.
    I don't know how exactly Washington or Colorado is handling that aspect of thing. What I can tell you is BC is watching Washington very closely to see how this goes. They're also thanking Washington a little, as BC grown pot is now basically worthless there, which takes massive revenue away from the Hells Angels, who are big here.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See vivchuleta's Items on eBay

unproductive society!

BANNED

Country

When Canada first legalized medical marijuana, there was soon a HUGE uproar about the quality of marijuana, which was government grown.
    I don't know how exactly Washington or Colorado is handling that aspect of thing. What I can tell you is BC is watching Washington very closely to see how this goes. They're also thanking Washington a little, as BC grown pot is now basically worthless there, which takes massive revenue away from the Hells Angels, who are big here.

Apparently, in Washington, since the bill was voted on and passed, the Washington State Liquor Board has been doing massive research the past 9 months or so- researching how to keep up quality of product with the quantity needed for the whole state, at a government level.

Plus they have to have secret pressure from the Fed Gov....Not a job I'd want to be in right now, hectic!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If weed is legalized what will stoners have to complain about then?

Before anyone points out the irony here, yes I collect Matheiu...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast