Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See YanksFan2342's Items on eBay

The Miami Heat are 2012-13 NBA Champions! 2nd Straight Title For Lebron! Lebron > MJ?

After a hard fought 7 game series, The Miami Heat are NBA Champions once again! Lebron James Captures his 2nd MVP Trophy and the 3rd Title in Franchise History For the Heat. Now that Lebron has 2 rings, what does this mean for his legacy? He is now closer to Jordan's 6. Let me Know your thoughts down below on the series and what this means in terms of the Lebron Jordan GOAt argument.

If you didnt get a chance to see the ending of the game, here is a Video of the ending of Game 7 and postgame celebration in case you missed it!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Legacy? GOAT argument? LOL not even close...MJ has never lost a Finals Series, Never gone to a game 7, 6x Finals MVP...When he gets to Magic's 5 rings or KOBE's 5 Rings, heck even to Duncan's 4 rings, maybe he might have an argument...till then, MJ is still the man!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

LeBron is a DOMINANT player... maybe more so that MJ, in the sense that he is a big boy that can will his way to the basket anytime... but no way is he comparable to any of the greats... he doesn't have the determination and mind for it. He would rather sit and coast the whole game, then be "brilliant" for a 4 minute stretch- so everyone grades him for those 4 minutes. Jordan and every other great... turned it on when they stepped on the floor.. not just when "the fans" needed it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See YanksFan2342's Items on eBay

I mean when his career is over! lol sorry for the misunderstanding. When Lebron is all done and could definitely get 6 or more rings than i think it would be pretty hard to fight against Lebron.

Legacy? GOAT argument? LOL not even close...MJ has never lost a Finals Series, Never gone to a game 7, 6x Finals MVP...When he gets to Magic's 5 rings or KOBE's 5 Rings, heck even to Duncan's 4 rings, maybe he might have an argument...till then, MJ is still the man!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cgb_orl's Items on eBay

Duncan has four and most people don't even know it

But I think we need to understand the context before comparing it to anyone else. These are different times.
    Last edited by cgb_orl; 06-21-2013 at 11:12 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Is LeBron the best player in the league right now?

Yes.

Could he win more rings in the future?

Yes.

Will he, Kobe Bryant, or any of the other recent superstars ever compare to Michael?

No.

It is highly unlikely (though I won't say impossible) that anyone will ever reach Michael's status in pro basketball. Everything considered as a whole, Michael is still the best, and probably always will be in this sport.

BANNED

Country

lol @ LJ>MJ

Once Lebron wins 5 more Championships that don't go to a game 7 and 4 MVPS, and never loses a championship then yes, he is greater.

Oh wait....

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    NUTS (38)
    Country

They are going to have this arguement everytime he wins something. Times are completely different now then when MJ played, or even more different when Dr.J, Bird, and Magic played. Lebron is just the next in line. Very good, but not better.

BANNED

Country

I just don't get it, how can these arguments even come up? I was a kid when Jordan was owning the world for a decade, and still, I understood how special and magical what he was doing was. It was going to take someone to well EXCEDE what he did, not match it or slightly beat it, to become The Greatest Ever.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Minnesota Vikings Utah Jazz
    See starburyfan662's Items on eBay

BOOOO! And hell to the no LeBron is not in MJ status. He has a ways to go. Jordan's legacy is more than MVP's and rings anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast