Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stop Hallucinating!

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Who's judging? I am giving you simple facts about human behaviour, the assumptions you make about others based on being given facts, are still assumptions.

I propose that when a human betters themselves it's as a result of their own conscious effort to do so, not by some pie-in-the-sky dogma.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I propose that when a human betters themselves it's as a result of their own conscious effort to do so, not by some pie-in-the-sky dogma.

I would not argue with this at all, and I agree 100% with you on this. I would go further to say that people can use "pie-in-the-sky-dogma" as a reason, but underneath, it is really them.

The facts remain that with this clip we know nearly everything about one person and nothing about the other, one is on his turf the other is not. One never said anything about the others beliefs, the other told him his beliefs were false.

I would rather hear Professor Dawkins talk about what he knows and is an expert in, rather than trying to prove his theories by disproving others. You cannot substantiate religion with science nor science with religion, but they can and obviously do coexist.

Lets here the science from a scientists and religion from the theologian.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I say when a human better him or herself, it can he due to any number of things and pretending to know what that is, or that everyone is the same, is laughably arrogant.

Just my opinion.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Not arrogant at all.

I get a little tired when people have a rare form of life-saving surgery that can only be performed by perhaps one Doctor, then have the audacity to thank god for saving their life? The Doctor is offered nothing.

There are loads of examples of this type of behaviour. If a murderer reforms themselves as a result of a religious experience, they still at some point made a conscious decision to be a better person, that's hardly arrogant.

The ultimate decision to better one's self, is still self-reflection and self established.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Let's see....what's more arrogant?

Claiming that god exists without showing any proof whatsoever.

or

Being a skeptic and constantly asking questions in search for the real truth.

This is usually how it goes in the example of another myth:

Believer: I claim that bigfoot exists.

Skeptic: I don't believe you, show me some evidence.

Believer: I don't have empirical evidence, but I have a strong conviction he is real, you just gotta have a little bit of faith....why can't you believe?

Skeptic: Hey man, you made the claim, you have the burden of proof, if you want me to believe show me some proof!

Believer: Did you know that many people have seen bigfoot? Furthermore, YOU can't proof he doesn't exists.

Skeptic: What are you talking about? I don't have to prove anything, I'm not the one making the claim...YOU ARE!

Believer: You're arrogant and you can't prove he doesn't exists.

Skeptic: ....
    Last edited by JustAlex; 06-23-2013 at 05:07 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

The truth is out there just like X files

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12