Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See redwingsfan11's Items on eBay

Thumbs up Your Top 5 Red Wings Pieces

Hey guys, just because we lost the other day doesn't mean my love for the Wings dropped down one bit. I actually feel quite well and prideful lol. Its a beautiful day here in NY and I can't complain.

I figured, in honor of the valiant season the Wings put up, lets show our love with displaying your top 5 pieces in your Red Wings collection. Not only cards, but memorabillia, or any item you are proud of that is connected with the wings.

I'll start off with mine.

5. I absolutely love this card and its a relief that I have one in my collection being that they don't pop up in the open all that much. Major props to Sacrebleu for parting this beaut from his extensive collection. From one wings home to another lol.

4. This card is really not all that special in collecting terms, sure its a dual rookie year auto of Spezza and Zetty, but for me it is special because its my first Rookie Year Auto card of Hank. The one that really started my journey of obtaining every rookie year auto card of him.

3. This is just a simple Crown Royale rookie of Pavs but its the means of how I got it that means alot to me. During the summer of 2011 I just got back into collecting cards, especially hockey. Since I was making a few dollars I decided to bust open my first hockey box and I chose 01/02 Crown Royale with the hopes of landing this specific card. Sure enough in one of the last packs I got it and was running all over the place. Its not a piece of gold or something you'll plan your retirement on but damn, it was just so awesome.

2. Now here is where I get into items other than cards. This is a simple banner that anyone can get at a simple sports shop. But for me this is significant to me because it was the first item I owned as a kid that represented my love for the Wings. My father brought this for me in 2002 and I still have it. It has been with me through junior high, high school and 2 colleges. One of them in my old dorm room, which surprisingly was a great conversation piece.

1. The picture may not be all that telling due to the quality, but this simple puck is special to me because aside from it being the 2nd item that I owned as a kid to represent my love for the Wings, it came from a store named Cosby's that use to reside at Madison Square Garden for a great many years. Now the store still exists, but unfortunately it has moved to a new location. The most important reason that I love this puck is because to this very day, if im a bit bored or need to do something while writing a paper to spark an "AHA!" moment, I'll grab my old stick (also from cosby's lol) and I'll just stick handle in my apartment (as quiet as possible) for a bit. So its an item that I interact with daily and for that It is my number one Red Wings piece in my collection.

Now the only way this top 5 can change is if I manage to land my coveted Zetty Super Rookie /15. Preferably number 11/15. But for now I think it'll do lol. Now fellow Wings fan join in and show us your top 5 pieces.

-Tim
    Last edited by redwingsfan11; 05-30-2013 at 04:44 PM.
    WANT: ROOKIE YEAR & JERSEY NUMBERED cards of Aho + Zetterberg + Kovalchuk + Datsyuk + Kopitar + Nash + Spezza + Zibanejad + F. Forsberg + Teravainen + Barkov + Huberdeau + Mantha + MORE

SCF Rewards
    Country

Although I'm certainly not a Red Wings fan, I think this is an interesting thread and I hope many people will contribute. I'll make sure to find some Red Wings cards in my Mask PC and post some pictures of them this weekend when I have the time.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I'm not no Wings fan either but I sure was hoping they'd beat them Hawks!! And you gotta respect an organization that plays out of the "Joe Louis Arena" rather than "MonkeyDoodle.com Place"

And who doesn't love Gordie Howe???

Or Stevie Y???

Or Terry Sawchuck?????? Actually, I'm pretty sure a lot of people didn't like him very much, but time heals most wounds.....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See iposportsmarketing's Items on eBay

Here are mine.. in no particular order: Kris Draper Winter Classic Period 1 Vladimir Konstantinov 93-94 (looking to 'upgrade' to a white one) Steve Yzerman 99-00 Henrik Zetterberg GU signed stick - first GU Wings piece.. bought it at HTA and then got the signature at a signing he was doing later that night at HTA and lastly, a Valtteri Filppula signed Goal Puck.. also, from HTA, first Wings Goal Puck I bought, then promptly went on a Goal Puck binge, adding like 6 more.. ha ha
    Last edited by phildo37; 05-30-2013 at 08:31 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

wow, great stuff guys, even from non wings fan which is a great joy =)

Phildo, its funny because when i was making this thread I had the hopes of seeing many non-card based items, but with the special hopes of game used jerseys and you did not disappoint my friend.

SCF Rewards
    Country

wow, great stuff guys, even from non wings fan which is a great joy =)

Phildo, its funny because when i was making this thread I had the hopes of seeing many non-card based items, but with the special hopes of game used jerseys and you did not disappoint my friend.

Glad to come through for ya.. got plenty more.. 40 jerseys, 2 pairs of gloves, 2 sticks, 8 pucks.. but you said only 5 :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pidge27's Items on eBay

Yes definitely not a Wings fan but happy to show off some of my best in this post! In no particular order!
    Hidden Content

Looking for 01-02, 02-03 BTP memorabilia

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Honorable mention:

#5:

#4:

#3:

#2 (tie):

#1 (also a tie):

SCF Rewards
    Country

Phildo, indeed i did only say 5, but rules are meant to be broken lol.

Thanks everyone for the great contributions. Glad to see a gordie rookie make an appearance. I also love the look of the Trilogy personal scripts.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Phildo, indeed i did only say 5, but rules are meant to be broken lol.

Well, in that case, here's some stuff that's already in my photobucket:

05-06 Niklas Kronwall

99-00 Igor Larionov - NHL2000 patch

Darren McCarty (don't remember the year)

99 All-Star Game Brendan Shanahan

06-07 Henrik Zetterberg

Henrik Zetterberg signed Goal Puck

being that this is a card-forum and all... let's do a couple cards

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast