Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Some people pay a lot for ebay items.

First I would like to say the other day I was bidding on a T. Brady Jumbo 2-Color Jersey 12/13 his jersey number. It sold for just over $85. I thought it should sell for over $100. But today I was outbid on a L. Johnson Reflections 05 Green /75 not even his jersey number and the guy wins with a $10 bid. I had a Max bid of $6 and thought that was high. Some people pay lots of money for what they want or need.

I was just thinking they would be easy wins on the Paralells but some other ones sell for over $5 without S&H included. OHH well there will be others.

2. SCC - Feb 2018
    Umkay. And the point of this is? Of course people pay more for what they want. I've seen a $20 card go for $125.

I know what you mean... I won an autographed Mike Williams (WR Detroit Lions) card for less than half of the Beckett BV. While at the same time I lost an autographed Marlin Jackson card that the winning bidder won for over twice Beckett BV. some people are just insane.

-Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by kr580
    Umkay. And the point of this is? Of course people pay more for what they want. I've seen a $20 card go for $125.
    Wow buddy. Quit hating what I'm doing and get your stuff together man. I just want to share my opinions about some football card related things. Oh yeah and I'm sharing my opinions on the FOOTBALL TALK FORUMS. Get out of may thread and start your own.

Quote Originally Posted by golfman61
    Quite hating.
    Teehee, your lack of skillllzzzz in teh engrish dicktionary make me quite laughed...

I only buy Deshaun Foster. Just last night I won a 3 color jersey card with a BV of $25 for $13 and lost the bidding on a $40 RC for $34 and change.

The jersey card was numbered to 25 and a 3 color. The RC was #ed to 103. So the jersey card is 4 times harder to get AND a 3 color piece.

It blew me away that the 3 color jersey sold for just over half of BV and the RC went for 85% of BV.

Quote Originally Posted by kr580
    What $20 card went for $125?

Quote Originally Posted by 56chev
    Teehee, your lack of skillllzzzz in teh engrish dicktionary make me quite laughed...
    Spelling fixed, thanks Webster.

Quote Originally Posted by golfman61
    Spelling fixed, thanks Webster.
    You're welcome Renob.

But back on topic...This topic has been discussed quite a bit since Ive been here. I have been a victim or taken advantage of this situation quite a bit since Ive been on ebay...

When listing an Ebay auction, it is not as easy everyone thinks it is to get more hits/a higher bid.

A couple of stories, I bought an 05 Lelie Auto about a week or two ago, and got it for 8$...most of these go for 15-20$...The guy had spelled something wrong in the title, so not that many people viewed the auction.

When I was selling, Ive noticed that mere placement on the list can make a huge difference. I had 4 IDENTICAL Broncos lots up for sale (200 different base/insert/RCs) One of the lots appeared above 2 other auctions (the other 2 auctions below mine were fancy, with all caps and pics) my other 3 lots were just chilling below those 2 fancy ones. The top one was bid up to 6$, and the other 3 went unsold (1$ starting bid)...go figure.

If you are not careful as a buyer or seller, you can really pay alot for cards, or have someone take your cards for nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast