Thread: Psa Crossover??

Psa Crossover??

I just recieved some cards back in the mail that I had sent into BGS for grading, and I was dissatisfied with many of the grades my cards recieved. For example, if you know anything about BGS, you know that they give a report card or subgrades on each card. Well, many of my cards were only a .5 subgrade away from the next highest grade. My question is does anybody who knows a little about grading think that if I send in a BGS 8.5 card thats subgrades were .5 away from a 9, for PSA crossover service, that they would promote the card to a PSA 9? Please offer your thoughts or reply if you have expierienced the PSA crossover service and tell me what you think. Thanks. :icon_eek:

2. Kronozio
    I'm not sure I understand this. Are you saying that you are unhappy with the quality of BGS grading? You feel they have made a mistake in their professional grading or that they were incorrect in analysing the flaws? If so, then PSA crossover will reexamine the card to see if it has been undergraded.

If you just want to send to PSA because they'll grade it to a higher overall number then you've just proven that BGS is a better indicator of grades than PSA since they use the half point system. You'll card will still be the same quality, but another grading system would be willing to round up to the next whole number on the front for you.

FYI, to get a PSA 9 you need:
    exhibits only one of the following minor flaws:
    -a very slight wax stain on reverse
    -a minor printing imperfection or slightly off-white borders
    -Centering must be approximately 60/40 to 65/35 or better on the front and 90/10 or better on the reverse.

If you don't meet these criteria, even the crossover won't help.

Well, I was just wondering if I send in a BGS 8.5 card for crossover with very high subs, does anyone think it could get a PSA 9 or do you think I would be wasting my money?

If you send to PSA, you need to be a member which cost $100 to join per year on top of the grading fees. So that's the first thing u gotta know.

The crossover question have been asked a few times but I get a sense that not many has actually done it here. I haven't done it neither but I have read enough about this from the past that PSA does give easier grade especially on those that are at the borderline in Beckett. Get a PSA card and compare before making your final deision.

And becareful when you break the holder, I have screwed up a Kobe Chrome RC before breaking it from a SGC holder. Beckett holder looks to be even tougher so just be careful when breaking.