Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See TysonX504's Items on eBay

they should have given up their draft pick after going to the cup finals, now they are going to end up giving up potentially a top 5 pick

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

they should have given up their draft pick after going to the cup finals, now they are going to end up giving up potentially a top 5 pick

no sympathy for the Devils on this.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (75) Hobby Insider
    Country

KHL here I come, this guy is one of the NHL's biggest FLAKES.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I figure this has to be part of a plan to go to the KHL and make more money especially with the Olympics in Russia next year.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

no sympathy for the Devils on this.

*slow clap*
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

this seems more appropriate :)

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I dunno, that was a really good one and not so much a fail.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

I have sympathy for the Devils on this. They gave a king's share to this guy and he wasn't even enough of a team player to do the right thing and walk away before the start of free agency when there would have been plenty of talent available to fix the void. Completely despicable if you ask me...Especially since he has made it clear that he is retiring from the NHL and not from hockey. Unbelievable.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Actually, with everything that is starting to come out, now that it's obvious Ilya will sign with the KHL, it seems as though the Devils AND Ilya are both quite pleased with this. First, as someone pointed out, Ilya will not be paying any taxes in Russia and he gets to be with his family. Remember, he's the same guy who said he didn't want to come back to the NHL after the lock out. So, he actually played longer than he wanted to in North America.

Second, and I don't think anyone has mentioned this, the NJ Devils are in very dire financial straights. A mere 5 months after saying that they had their finances together and they had restructured things, the Devils missed a $3 million payment. This team has no money. Paying $250,000/year for the next whatever years as opposed to Kovalchuk's salary must seem like a GHod send to them. Trust me, NJ isn't upset about this. The only people who seem to be upset/angry are fans of the NJ Devils and people who collected Kovalchuk. That's about it.

I have sympathy for the Devils on this. They gave a king's share to this guy and he wasn't even enough of a team player to do the right thing and walk away before the start of free agency when there would have been plenty of talent available to fix the void. Completely despicable if you ask me...Especially since he has made it clear that he is retiring from the NHL and not from hockey. Unbelievable.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See djrecords's Items on eBay

thank you Dean Lombardi for standing your ground and not outbidding Lou for Kovalbucks. every big UFA that DL decided not to overpay for has been the right decision.

das vidanya Ilya.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast