Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

I'm not sure where you got 2 parallels. Cardboard Connection has this written down as a paragraph
    As with other Prizm releases, much of the set's attention comes from the Refractor-like Prizm parallels. Hobby boxes have regular Rainbow Prizms along with new Orange Die-Cut (#/50), elusive Gold (#/10) and FiniteBlack (1/1) cards. These combine to fall two per box. Retail packs have their own exclusive Prizms: Green (all retail), Blue and Blue Pulsar(Wal-Mart), and Red and Red Pulsar (Target).

I collect Matt Dzieduszycki, Derek King, Pierre Turgeon (Isles only), Zigmund Palffy (Isles only) plus specific current Isles (mainly Wahlstrom, Dobson, Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock)

All photos/lists can be found here:
    Hidden Content

Please, no more offers for tradebait. I have enough of it as it is.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See canadacardworld's Items on eBay

I agree, "Dud". No way this comes out in the $80-$100 price range. It states, "20 pack box". This stuff will cost you $200/box and just like that, it's dead in the water. I'm glad collectors are giving sticker auto's the short end of the stick.

Apparently it is true that Certified is getting nixed and they are bringing in Prizm. Certified was becoming a staple for Panini, not sure why it got cut, but they are still finding their footing in the hockey market and are looking to shake things up I'm sure.

Prizm will basically be at the same price point as Certified, 90-95 per box before taxes

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See derzockersports's Items on eBay

I'm not sure where you got 2 parallels. Cardboard Connection has this written down as a paragraph

As with other Prizm releases, much of the set's attention comes from the Refractor-like Prizm parallels. Hobby boxes have regular Rainbow Prizms along with new Orange Die-Cut (#/50), elusive Gold (#/10) and Finite Black (1/1) cards. These combine to fall two per box. Retail packs have their own exclusive Prizms: Green (all retail), Blue and Blue Pulsar (Wal-Mart), and Red and Red Pulsar (Target).

If your comment was directed at me, I've highlighted what I was referring to... while there are nine different parallels between retail and hobby releases, the four 'hobby'-based parallels fall to give you only 2-3 per box and I would be surprised if the numbered parallels fall at any more than 1 per box, if they combine to even come close to that (some quick math : if you got 1 numbered parallel per box, there would only be 1525 hobby cases of Prizm produced which would actually be a lower print run than ITG's Ultimate Memorabilia). That quick math probably means the numbered parallels are going to be 'case' hits to go along with the SP autographs which won't get announced until after the product releases. I'm also interested to see how the retail packaging is priced. Retail odds are longer and no autographs (according to early info), but $5/pack retail products usually just clog shelves...

Your post also triggered this thought... 9 parallels usually indicates a product geared towards player collectors while the 200-cd veteran checklist makes it look more like a product for set collectors. Will set collectors bite? Big set-collector products for comparison - UD1 is 200 cards plus 50 RCs for $75 (D&A) a box (2 GU, 6 YGs, inserts), OPC is 500 cards plus 100 RCs for $60 (D&A) a box (16 RCs plus parallels). How does Prizm stack up at $94 (D&A) a box? I guess I'm not convinced that set collectors will bite at that pricing for a set with no 'history' and a manufacturer who has yet to distinguish their 'staples' (Certified pulled after 3 seasons).

As I said, the early info just doesn't look good to me. As a long-time wax breaker, I'm beginning to see why collectors avoid it. I think $100 on the secondary market will buy a lot more than one box worth of cards... again, I hope I'm wrong because I LOVE the look of these. I just refuse to sink the money into the wax to get proven right...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123