Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a very nice baseball story...

a very nice baseball story...

im 18 years old, moved into a new house,going to a new school, and having no friends at the time..lol.. One day during late june i went into my backyard and saw my paretns talking to my neighbour and this other older gentleman,i say hello and go ino the house. Im called out 20 minutes later and am told to "properly" introduce myself to this older man......as hes talking he spills very very very goooood news to me. He is the head umpire for the Toronto Blue Jays and oversees other umpires for various games....i was in shock...I thought meeting this guy was awesome enough,2 weeks later my neighbour calls me and says he has something for me,i go and the head umpire guy stan told Eric Hinske to sign a ball and he did!!!.....Now just today i got another phone call,i went over and low and behold,im given a auto'd ball of AJ Burnet.....lol sry for the read im just very excited...if anyone would like to see a digi pic i will take one..thx

Thats really cool. Maybe youll be fortunate enough to get a Lyle Overbay, as a Brewers fan, he was a tough one to let go of and a hell of a player. Congrats on the luck.

Cool story, especially to a fellow Blue Jays fan. :)

thats pretty cool. If nothing else make sure you stay his "friend"

Great story... Good friends are hard to come by, and good friends who can get you neat stuff are even harder to come by.

-Lewis

yeah that is a nice story...nice connection too lol.........

more important than he gives you free things, he seems like a nice guy

im sure we all agree with that at heart even if sometimes we dont act like it

btw, free is my fav #

that is a really cool story

One day during late june i went into my backyard and saw my paretns talking to my neighbour and this other older gentleman,i say hello and go ino the house.
    Moral of the story...Take time to properly introduce yourself. You can't judge a book by its cover, Be kind & courteous to EVERYONE.

Cool story, I'm glad you had this happen...Now where's the pics!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast