Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: RGM81 - Josh Gorges

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Thank you kindly - it is definitely a labour of love. And the card-makers are doing just the right number of cards to keep it enjoyable!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Double your pleasure, double your Authentic!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nephewscards's Items on eBay

congrats on your collection! great guy to collect! future captain possibly :p

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Gotta love these hard-to-find case-level inserts. So much that I nearly left it on the till at Canada Post when I was done. LOL

2012-13 Upper Deck Clear Cut Foundations #CCF15 Josh Gorges / P.K. Subban

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Stats update!

All cards: 193/261 73.9% $3,761.3
    All cards excluding all 1/1: 185/200 92.5%
    Rookie: 12/12 100.0% $257.00
    Autograph: 26/36 72.2% $1,370.00
    Memorabilia: 49/58 84.5% $2,324.00
    Serial: 90/152 59.2% $3,072.00

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Rainbow show off!

And here are a couple of other nice recent pickups:

Carey's part is much nicer but it's #1/15...

And here is a patch card that is 20% patch - will definitely be seeking an upgrade:

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Upgrade achieved!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Fun with Panini contest:

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

New fun thing today. :)

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well this news sucks. There's no way around it. I had hoped that the rumour of a deal with Toronto would have faded out after his NTC allowed him to block the trade to the Leafs. But the Habs seemed unusually determined to be rid of him. They kept pushing, they asked him to expand his no-trade....and then it actually happened this morning. At least it wasn't to Toronto. But still....Buffalo? I know how crushed Josh was when the Habs got knocked out of the playoffs last spring. You only get so many chances to take a real run at the Cup, so going to the bottom-dwellers of the Eastern Conference? Ouch. Do the Sabres have the potential to rebound into a good team. I suppose.

I've been watching Josh play hockey since he was 16 years old with the WHL Kelowna Rockets. He was the captain of the team that won the Memorial Cup in 2004. When he got traded to the Habs I was so happy. When I got back into collecting cards it was only natural that I would collect him. I never thought it would get to the point that it has, but wow am I happy that it did.

It's funny how quickly things can change. On Friday I was celebrating the addition of a game-worn helmet and pondering the idea of pre-ordering his 2014-15 home jersey in anticipation of it possibly having a C on the front of it. On Saturday I was curious as to why Marc Bergevin was trying to deal him to Toronto. I thought it had blown over yesterday as he remained steadfast in blocking that deal. But then came the news like a hammer today.

Where does this collection go from here?

To be honest, I still don't really know.

I think that Upper Deck may make that decision for me. Once they get into the 2014-15 cycle, there's little possibility that they'll be producing much more of him. Will the very early 2014-15 stuff have him as a Canadien? Possibly could see him in MVP and OPC. But by the time UD1 rolls around they should more than likely have him in a Sabres jersey, and that may be very limited stuff since there's surely players ahead of him that will be more of greater value and interest in the Buffalo market. And I just don't see that being particularly interesting to me. There's probably not going to be new autos. Unless they dump his jersey remnants, they won't likely have many new memorabilia cards. So do I really get "up" for a base-Exclusives-HG rainbow? Hard to know.

I will for sure be chasing whatever Habs stuff there is out there. I will keep my eyes peeled to the remaining 13-14 checklists to see where he ends up and what cards get produced.

But in six months...I just dunno.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast