Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

Ilya Zubov, especially on his Cup rookies from 08-09, take a look on ebay lol, Chris Stewart is horrible too

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See GSRfan's Items on eBay

I'm curious as to how much time they are allotted to sign a certain number of cards or autos. Yes, signing your name over 1000s of times is annoying, tedious and boring - but given how much "down" time they have when they're travelling, you think they can space things out properly if they don't want to do it one sitting?

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

yeah this trend got stronger and stronger up to the point, new player already have the initial as sig. For instance check Carey Price auto evolution in the years:

2006-07

2010-11 you can still make the A in Carey and the 3 in the jersey number

2012-13 now it's C____ P____ and the 3 look more like a 7

At least with the early auto we still got the nice auto.

Definitely not the worst in the latest one but it does show the tendency.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks Pittsburgh Penguins Oakland Raiders
    Twitter: @http://twitter.com/hobbybox604 See Hobbybox604's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Chris Stewart is horrible too

That was the reason i started this thread sooner than later :)
    First card of this thread....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @http://twitter.com/hobbybox604 See Hobbybox604's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

As for PRICE, i actually like his newer autos better,thats my personal opinion i guess,but his first ones looked like a 15 year old signature,again u might not agree with me,but thats what i think....

PS: When i 1st clicked on the thread today and saw the pictures,I freaked out,i was like "Whaaaat someones saying CAREY PRICE's auto belongs to this thread?!? LOL...That was before reading what u wrote,then i read it & realized ur comparing his before/after auto ;)

yeah this trend got stronger and stronger up to the point, new player already have the initial as sig. For instance check Carey Price auto evolution in the years:

2006-07

2010-11 you can still make the A in Carey and the 3 in the jersey number

2012-13 now it's C____ P____ and the 3 look more like a 7

At least with the early auto we still got the nice auto.

Definitely not the worst in the latest one but it does show the tendency.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

As for PRICE, i actually like his newer autos better,thats my personal opinion i guess,but his first ones looked like a 15 year old signature,again u might not agree with me,but thats what i think....

PS: When i 1st clicked on the thread today and saw the pictures,I freaked out,i was like "Whaaaat someones saying CAREY PRICE's auto belongs to this thread?!? LOL...That was before reading what u wrote,then i read it & realized ur comparing his before/after auto ;)

Mainly I could resume my post at: in 2006 new player still took the time to sign like they did before being famous. Now more and more new player coming in NHL and not even famous go for initials. While Carey is a bit more then initial it's still closer to 2 initial but with the number in bonus. But he is famous, sign a lot and I can understand. But I don't understand the new recruit that don't even take the time to sign for real and adopt right away the initial scheme. I still have a lot of respect for a HOH like Beliveau that remain true to how he always signed. To me the real Carey Price signature is still the 2006 one and intend to get more of these.

I mean look at some sig posted here. Some player may never be regular player in the league and yet can't even take the time to sign cards correctly.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I still have a lot of respect for a HOH like Beliveau that remain true to how he always signed.

I mean look at some sig posted here. Some player may never be regular player in the league and yet can't even take the time to sign cards correctly.

Well said....thx 4 ur input....

BANNED

Country
    See keithman07's Items on eBay

I also like Carey's new auto better. The 06 version has always looked more high school-ish to me as well. His new autos are still detailed enough that it looks like he took a moment to write it.

I'm way more disappointed in Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, Tinordi and Gallagher. Their sigs are basically initials. For Galchenyuk, they differ from "AG" to "AGALLY" to "AGALLY 27" within Trilogy alone. At least other big rookies like Yakupov, Schultz, Tarasenko have something going on in theirs.

Beaulieu went from this:

To this:

Tinordi:

Gallagher:

Nothing really cool to look at really.

SCF Rewards
    Country

its obvious after seeing all examples here not all players care to sign cards with pride, even though that they get paid for doing it, all who just gotten worse and easier over the years says it all.. if that bored why even sign in the first place, all hall of fame players should teach all younger how to do it lol.. And they dont exactly get thousands of cards handed to them and they have to sign them all over the weekend or so.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Same with Jordan Eberle from - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spring-Expo-...p2047675.l2557

To- http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-11-THE-...item4ac7ed76c5

I loved his auto , now it's ... Meh

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast