Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

Question for Brodeur and Sens fans

So, I was cleaning the garage out the other day, and came across a game used stick I forgot I owned. It was sold to me by a vender really cheap as it was broken in half. He told me it was a game used stick by the Sens goalie Martin Prusek. The stick is a Heaton. So, me and my dad fixed it at the time (he works with fiberglass so he had professional epoxy to fix it). And seeing as it was a backup, and broken, I never really added it to my collection, and I slowly forgot about it. Fast forward to today, when i found the stick again, and I noticed that it said "M. Brodeur" on the shaft. This made me curious as to if he possibly made a mistake. So I looked up pictures of both goalies and found that Brodeur used this brand in the early 2000's possibly, which is when I got the stick (maybe somewhere between 2000-2003 is when I got it). I also could not find anything about Prusek using that style stick, and why would it have someone else's name on it even if he is a backup? So I think I have three options:

1) It's a complete fraud.
    2) Prusek didn't have his own name on the stick, and he chose Brodeur's design.
    3) It was used by Martin Brodeur.

I know its not worth much as it was broken and repaired, but I would still would love to know. Could anyone help to shed some light on this for me? Here are some pics:

I bought a stick that Henrik Tallinder used as well, and it checked out as the model he used and had the correct imprint on it, so I don't doubt him as a seller, but he has since closed, and I don't have a way to contact him.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Please check my inventory before my photobucket!!! It's more up to date!!!
    Looking for LPGA GOLFERS ​and BUFFALO SABRES
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Top Want: 2012 Leaf Metal Anna Nordqvist Award Winners Prism Gold 1/1

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

First thing that jumped into my head was that the Sens also had a goalie: Mike Brodeur, but I think that was much more recent than when you got the stick?

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

First thing that jumped into my head was that the Sens also had a goalie: Mike Brodeur, but I think that was much more recent than when you got the stick?

according to hockeydb.com he played a few match in 2009-10 and 2010-11 only with he Sens.
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hockey_core's Items on eBay

The tape job on the blade differs from what Brodeur uses. (he does usually not tape that high into the shaft / above the blade). Also the way his name is printed on the side of the shaft amidst the other graphics suggests it´s most likely a retail model Heaton stick. As you may know they use pro´s names on These for the different blade Patterns. If it was a custom pro stick his name would usually be stamped into a white box on the narrower face of the shaft. It may be a game used Prusek stick that was given to him from the Team when he came to camp and did not have his own customs sticks, yet or it is simply some retail stick that "someone else" used but it´s 99% not a GU Brodeur stick.

SCF Rewards
    Country

alrighty thanks for the info everyone, I don't remember the exact year I got it, but it was definitely before 2008.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Brodeur often gives his sticks away. It's possible it's real and was used by both.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I actually used a Brodeur model Heaton when I played. I'm pretty sure all the sticks had his name on them. Likewise the Garth Snow Heaton sticks had his name. It's the same as buying a blade for a stick and seeing the player's name on the upper part denoting that it's a certain players pattern/curve.

As to if he actually used that particular stick I cannot say. But thought i'd give the information I had.

Edit: Marty also has a habit of writing the date/opponent in sharpie on the tape knob up top. Not sure if this is a more recent thing or has been with him for awhile. Do you recall seeing any kind of handwritten info on the tape up top?

SCF Rewards
    Country

no date was written on it, but it's clearly not in the greatest shape so I just might not be able to see it currently.