Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I needed Patrik Stefan to complete my 99-00 SPA FW Rookie Set, actually it was the last card I needed. I had all the SOTT's, all the Inserts, and all the 1st Tier SP's. About 350 cards in all and very difficult to put together.

I paid $69.00 for it when most were selling for $115.00. I still paid $68.00 too much.

Patrik Stefan is the only player in 50 plus years of collecting where I was a bona-fide Bagholder. I still have about 5 Rookie Cards, and another 5 or more Rookie Inserts, sitting rotting in a box somewhere in this house.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tmlxcrosby87's Items on eBay

when score came out this year I didnt put any research into print run at all. First day they were on ebay saw 2 bobby ryan blacks, one for $25 and one for $15. Jumped all over the $15 as I have had a hard time finding his previous years blacks. of course the next day I saw another 4 or 5 on the bay for as low as $3......of course the blacks arent a SP this year and I got hosed....100% my laziness :(

I'd have to disagree with this one. I haven't seen one Gardiner black yet, if one were to pop up for $15 it'd be mine right away, so you're not the only one haha, it could have been a great call if the next 3 didn't pop up!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks Pittsburgh Penguins Oakland Raiders
    Twitter: @http://twitter.com/hobbybox604 See Hobbybox604's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Paid $29.99+$3.99 S&H+$1.80 GST!!!! for a 13-14 SCORE Yakupov RC the first few days it showed up online!!! Ouch....

If u all remember,they released retail boxes a week in advance,so seller claimed gettin hooked up/havin connection @ Panini and got them early....So i jumped all over it to hopefully make a buck or two! lol! Cuz i was kinda comparing it to Nugent-Hopkins RC from 11/12 Score,back then i bought 3 boxes and pulled one and sold it for $60 right away! So i was kinda hopin for that......Then a few days later they were poppin on ebaynlike popcorn!! And today u can pick one up dlvd under $10 :(((

That was 1 of my many screw ups,a bunch more that are from the past & we wont talk about,so sharing this one cuz it was my recent one ;)

Thanks for reading guys.....tc

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

Once I thought I over paid for a item. Mainly $32 for a case of Panini stickers 1995-96. All I wanted was the habs for my PC. But over time I realize it was a good deal. First I paid $32 shipping included for 2,000 + stickers with 40 album mint in their plastic. Then when I receive it, I realize the seller spent $38 just to ship the case. So the seller lost more then $6 if you add all the fees. I also ,probably since then, traded for more then $32 in BV to players collector. So even if I felt bad after pushing the buy it button, time proved me wrong.
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks Pittsburgh Penguins Oakland Raiders
    Twitter: @http://twitter.com/hobbybox604 See Hobbybox604's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Once I thought I over paid for a item. Mainly $32 for a case of Panini stickers 1995-96. All I wanted was the habs for my PC. But over time I realize it was a good deal. First I paid $32 shipping included for 2,000 + stickers with 40 album mint in their plastic. Then when I receive it, I realize the seller spent $38 just to ship the case. So the seller lost more then $6 if you add all the fees. I also ,probably since then, traded for more then $32 in BV to players collector. So even if I felt bad after pushing the buy it button, time proved me wrong.

lol,good 4 u.....any left??

BANNED

Country
    See keithman07's Items on eBay

When Trilogy released, I saw a Nathan Beaulieu Level 2 /399 rookie auto going for $30, cheaper than the $69.99 BIN options so I grabbed it without thinking. Then I realized it was being shipped from the states, so the total came up to $37.00dlvd. A couple weeks later, they go for $15dlvd.

I've done this many times and have accepted that I'll never learn.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The "must have first/now" mentality does us all in at some point. I remember when UD1 came out in 2010-11 and sending a FB message to Karine that I was so happy to see $30 Subban YG's posted...
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

lol,good 4 u.....any left??

Got ton of stickers left and albums as well, if you need any they are all for trade. Just send a PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

I paid 20$ last week for a Martin Brodeur jsy from Pacific 03-04. It was the only card I needed to finish the set, I've been looking for it for over a year and the swatch was red, but still...
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Not a Buy It Now, but I paid $100 for a Titanium Brendan Smith Draft Position /27 in an auction when it first came out. I hadn't even seen the set and somehow I figured it was the real Rookie card thinking his Jersey number was in fact 27 and not 2, which of course is the only number you can see on his jersey. I have since bought a couple more for cheap which lowers my DCA so I am actually not too mad about the whole ordeal. Just another one of those stupid things one sometimes does. Oh and the bid did not look shilled either.

Does that take the cake? :P

And does anyone know if an actual Brendan Smith Rookie /2 has been pulled? They could both still be out there. I have 14/14 Nyquist and an Andersson too.
    Master List: Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast