Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Green Bay Packers
    Twitter: @tjmcb73 See pepperjack_king's Items on eBay Instagram:

Awesome experience for a friend of mine...who says being a server stinks?

If you have a few minutes, this short story will prove not only what generosity is, but what my dear friends Ralph and Ethel call "southern hospitality"

About 3 weeks ago I was serving a table, and as I was getting to know the people at my table Ralph and Ethel had both just retired both being CPA's for 50 years. They said they were traveling through every state collecting a can koozie from every state, which I found really cool. They had 37 down and were heading east to finish their journey. They started from Louisiana, me being a huge saints fan couldn't keep my mouth shut. They were also huge Drew Brees fans. As they ate their food they asked me as I brought them the bill if I knew what "southern hospitality" was. I truthfully answered, no. They told me to write my address and T-shirt size down and said in the future I would have something in the mail, and then I would know what southern hospitality meant. I thought at first, I was never going to give my address out to people I was serving, but then I figured what the hell. Now today, about 3 weeks later I opened my mailbox to see a package. In the package was the shirt posted in the photo, a note, and the address was some town in LA. The note went on saying "Tyler, here is your shirt as promised. The only requirement is that you wear it with pride. Enjoy! & Go Saints!" Signed by Ralph and Ethel. I knew that they were traveling and the address was from somewhere in LA, so I can't even write them a thank you, but what I can do is share this awesome story, and share what my understanding of southern hospitality really means. Thank you Ralph and Ethel!
    Collecting Davante Adams
    Hidden Content

PC
    (UPDATED: 4-16-24
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

nice story. Thanks for sharing.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That is very cool. Lots of southern people are like that. I have lived all over the East coast and have experienced southern hospitality myself. After living in northern PA for 9.5 years and literally having to buy the rights to hunt on property I moved to NC and went to work for a company that brought me in contact with lots of people. On my 3rd day a guy noticed I was wearing a shirt with deer on it and asked if I hunted. After about 10 minutes of talking hunting he invited me to deer and turkey hunt on his 300 acre farm...and he didn't even know my name.

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Cool story, not a lot of people out there like that anymore.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Good to see there are still genuine good people out there.Great stories guys

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice story made my day!