Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Upper Deck Says Lower Print Run on The Cup Hockey

With a lower print run, 2012-13 Upper Deck The Cup hockey cards return as the sport's most eagerly anticipated high end product.

More...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See theofleury14's Items on eBay

Didn't they say the same thing about the print run of The Cup last year? Until they provide actual numbers, it doesn't really mean much.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mint39's Items on eBay

this from the same company who years ago, where caught printing more than The amountt of cards gretzky autographed that they said they where making?

Dont believe it Upper deck are a bunch of low life liers
    Last edited by mint39; 10-07-2013 at 05:32 PM. Reason: typo

SCF Rewards
    Country

Didn't they also counterfeit yugioh cards at one point lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mint39's Items on eBay

Correct

SCF Rewards
    Country

this from the same company who years ago, where caught printing more than The amountt of cards gretzky autographed that they said they where making?

Dont believe it Upper deck are a bunch of low life liers

When was that? I honestly do not remember such an incident.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You would have to be the world's biggest moron to actually believe ANYTHING Upper Deck says about their print runs. They Double printed the 2005/06 SP Authentic cards (Wave 1 and Wave 2, anyone?). Denied that they did. They denied it every. Single. DAY! Then 2006/07 comes along and, "Hey everybody, we found some non-packed out cards of 2005/06 SPA hockey we forgot about. They were hiding behind the couch or something. Isn't that a pip?

They also illegally reprinted Yu-Gi-Oh cards, despite being the people that were licensed to print them! (it went to court. They lost). They illegally reprinted the Ken Griffey Jr. RC waaaaaay back in the day (Read the book, "Card Sharks"). It goes on and on and on.

UD always seems to claim that, "Such-and-such has a lower print run, so you better buy it up now!!", but time shows, it's all about the same. it truly is a shame Panini can't seem to get their execution of their product down. They could truly push UD out of the market. Unfortunately, Hockey (and sports cards for that mater) are such a small industry, no one really cares.

But you know, I could be wrong. This could be the one time UD is telling the truth and everything over the past 25 years has just been a, "Misunderstanding" :-)
    Last edited by Fatty McGee; 10-08-2013 at 03:47 AM.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

UD are proven shysters. That's why they have lost so many of their Big Sport licenses. In business they cannot be trusted.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

When was that? I honestly do not remember such an incident.

That was either 94/95 BAP or 95/96 BAP - I think it was 95/96...there were supposed to be only 99 die-cut autos for Gretzky and it turned out there were, what, 241 or something? Someone who remembers better can correct me. UD denied it for a long time and infuriated collectors.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That makes sense then, I was only 5 or 6 years old at the time and certainly was not in the know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast