Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stupid excuses people give for not sending cards out on time

"It got extremely busy iwth my kids spring festivities and work."

"Sorry for the inconvenience. We had a death in the family & I was totally off schedule."

" a lotta stuff been goin on both my mom and sister are in the hospital. "

not saying deaths in the family is a stupid excuse, just that i know the guy is lying

2. Kronozio
    well sometimes i have forgotten or where i ahve gotten busy where my mind is not on sending a letter off...u just gotta be nice about or talk to a mod

Quote Originally Posted by stalking_WOLF_21
    well sometimes i have forgotten or where i ahve gotten busy where my mind is not on sending a letter off...u just gotta be nice about or talk to a mod
    Sounds like a prime example of the lame excuses fordman is mocking above.

Excuses are excuses. You just gotta be nice and accept their excuse. Now, if someone has been giving you excuse after excuse, day after day for not shipping out on time, that's a different story. That's when you know for sure that they're lying.

Thanks,
    SportsCollector

i prefer honesty, i had a guy forget to send my cards for like a week and he sent me a PM apoligising and said they he just flat out forgot, which was cool at least he didnt lie and i still left him a nice positive when they arrived :)

"Sorry for the inconvenience. We had a death in the family & I was totally off schedule."

" a lotta stuff been goin on both my mom and sister are in the hospital. "

Considering I have had a death in the family, and my mom being in the hospital, I dont consider them stupid excuses. Some people are true, I have nothing to lie about. For Example : My mom has back problems, and a few weeks back had back surgery.

Just cant jump to conclusions, but I prefer honesty as well. I think everyone has had something slip there mind a few times.

Sometimes those "fake" excuses can be real. Usually if i forget to send its just because I forget. Cards are not life and people make mistakes.

I got this one today:

"I didn't know you confirmed the trade. I didn't get a notice."

This one cracked me up because this is a newbie and he told me that he has two trades going right now. He said when the other guy confirmed he got a email (from the server, like itrader notification) saying that the trade was confirmed. When I called him out and told him that the system doesn't do that, he told me I was wrong.

Well, that for one, is an example of a stupid one. At least if you are going to lie, and Im in no way endorsing it, at least make it believeable.

as far as the death in the family excuse goes, the guy said on april 1st he was sending a full refund. then i hound him about it for the next 3 weeks and he keeps saying "it was sent" "its in the mail" then the other day. "im sorry we had a death in the family" no he didnt, he just hopes i forget about it and stop bugging him. Sure people forget stuff but when they make stuff up to cover their butts its stupid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast