Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards

Advice on selling for a new collector?

Hi. I've been a basketball junkie for 30 years and I'm new to collecting basketball cards. I've built up a small collection, been to a show, read some books and have gone through many discussion boards.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to sell online. I know it's more art than science but would appreciate some feedback from those with a lot of experience. Seem to me, to sell online, there are two avenues.

1. Put them up on auctions with no reserve - eBay or card specific auctions - and let the market determine the value? I've done this with a few I have thought were valuable and didn't sell at even 1 cent.

2. Put them up on an eBay Store or at a fixed price on the various card collecting sites?

The most difficult part of this is trying to figure out a price. Beckett and closed auction prices are a good place to start I guess until I get more experience.

Last, which sites, besides this site and eBay, are the best sites for trying this out?

Thanks for your help.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Pittsburgh Steelers Chicago Blackhawks
    See RedZoneCards's Items on eBay Instagram:

try naxcom.com also

u could do it here or on ebay hose seem to be he best places and i u r intrested in any of my card let me know and maybe we could trade or i could sell some to u

SCF Rewards

Cool. I prefer collecting and trading anything pre-1990 for obvious reasons.

What's your experience of putting up a valuable card and letting it ride? I have a bunch of jersey cards including Lebron and Melo that I'm considering trying out. Is that better than a fixed price and wait?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bigbronco89's Items on eBay

putting it up for no reserve can be risky if you dont list it at the good selling times and other reasons. Coming up with a price you would sell for and then posting it on here or other sites first would probably get you more $

i would fix a price for about 1/2 book value

or put a starting bid on it

SCF Rewards

Glad I found this forum. I know a lot about basketball but not so much about collecting cards.

1/2 price seems like a good idea. Here, an eBay Store and naxcom.com. Any others you know of that are worth it?

Do you suggest getting anything graded?

wat r the grades and the cards u have

SCF Rewards

I only have two graded cards: 2003-04 Fleer Tradition #261 Lebron (Beckett Grade 9.5) & 2003 Upper Deck Lebron James Box Set #28 (Beckett 10). I have thousands of other. I can check for DWade, Miles, Webber or others you are looking for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast