Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Sorry this is why I dont usually post on threads like this becasue it goes to hating instead of facts or opinions based on the issues and then it geets ugly, so I will refrain from replying on this one anymore

jim

+1
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have no dog in this fight.

Well besides it being well known that you despise the Penguins.

Neal gets 5 games per Shanny.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Five for Neal is something I can live with, I also think Sid should have gotten one for the slew foot. Not because he is the only one to do it, but it is out of hand across the League. Every game either in the play or behind, the number of slew foots is ridiculous, start with the face of the NHL and continue on, analyze the tapes and start handing them out 1 for first offence and go from their based on frequency of repetition. Same for spearing and butt ending that often gets missed by the officials.

As for the Orpik hit on Ericsson, I don't think it was dirty, but the Refs need to catch this crap for what it is. Interference, plain and simple and get the call right, as for the unintentional injury. I don't think a player should have to fight in that regard, but on top of whatever suspension Thorton gets, anger management should go with it as there are some definite rage issues going on there; especially as he refers to his friendship with Orpik in his apology.

If he is willing to do that to a buddy, what would he do to a person he doesn't like. Minimum 15 games much like Richard said.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Good, he deserved 10. At least he is an offender now. I didn't see the Crosby Slew-foot. This should be automatic 12-15 games if you slew-foot. Bill Masterton is dead from this action.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

You might want to read my full post. I said Thornton should get 15 games, then if he does it again a full year. How is that despising the Penguins?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

This is a very sensitive topic, so please let's keep this decent everyone. Please try to express your thoughts and opinions in a respectful manner.

There is some serious goonery going on in the NHL right now. It's frightening.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Tough deal to see a mates marbles knocked out for 2nd time in 5 weeks, Even worse was Thornton's response, even he is man enough to say so at least...not sure who hacked Kelly, same game?, how hard do you have to hack someone to break a guy's leg? Never been a fan of Crosby's, best not to say why...but it would suck for the game if he ever takes a hit like the one Eriksson did.

All the cheap goonery, the huge hits, the concussions, the pay backs...what has changed? Being one of the 13 forwards or 7th D-man in the show is the difference between winning the lottery now or...just another joe...the Stakes are enormous now, and so are the players, 6' 3" 230 lbs and hardly an ounce of body fat, that was Linebacker Lawrence Taylor's playing weight, imagine if a hockey player built like that could skate like a the wind? You don't have to anymore, and the results of a "clean" hit are often Not healthy, sometimes career ending. Crosby is one hit like that away, not good. I don't see the rink's surface area being made bigger anytime soon, maybe a 4 stride/no hit rule?
    Whatever the case, F still equals M times A and MA has exponentially escalated to a point that F has to be "managed" in some manner.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (75) Hobby Insider
    Country

Subban slu-footed the other night and didn't even get a penalty, the ref's are not being consistent enough, just like yesterday night, Bruins hit a Leaf from behind into the boards, get a penalty, Dina Phaneuf hits a Bruin near the end of the game and get's nothing, Dupuis hacked Kelly, now Kelly is out, Neal got 5 games, Thornton will get 15-20 games, I don't consider him a GOON like Orr, Thornton can play, but he also fights, I guess if Neal knew he was gonna 5 games, he should have did a lot more to the PEST, Marchand.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

Tough deal to see a mates marbles knocked out for 2nd time in 5 weeks, Even worse was Thornton's response, even he is man enough to say so at least...not sure who hacked Kelly, same game?, how hard do you have to hack someone to break a guy's leg? Never been a fan of Crosby's, best not to say why...but it would suck for the game if he ever takes a hit like the one Eriksson did.

All the cheap goonery, the huge hits, the concussions, the pay backs...what has changed? Being one of the 13 forwards or 7th D-man in the show is the difference between winning the lottery now or...just another joe...the Stakes are enormous now, and so are the players, 6' 3" 230 lbs and hardly an ounce of body fat, that was Linebacker Lawrence Taylor's playing weight, imagine if a hockey player built like that could skate like a the wind? You don't have to anymore, and the results of a "clean" hit are often Not healthy, sometimes career ending. Crosby is one hit like that away, not good. I don't see the rink's surface area being made bigger anytime soon, maybe a 4 stride/no hit rule?
    Whatever the case, F still equals M times A and MA has exponentially escalated to a point that F has to be "managed" in some manner.

The rule is no more than 2 strides but they get pretty lazy with the calls on it. Kaleta used torun around like a defensive back and run guys with no intention of anything else. Clutterbuck does the same thing half the time but doesn't come up high on the hits. That stuff needs to go, clean or not.
    I collect Matt Dzieduszycki, Derek King, Pierre Turgeon (Isles only), Zigmund Palffy (Isles only) plus specific current Isles (mainly Wahlstrom, Dobson, Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock)

All photos/lists can be found here:
    Hidden Content

Please, no more offers for tradebait. I have enough of it as it is.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

That's the biggest problem.

There is one set of rules for guys that are goons / enforceres / tough guys - and another set or rules for guys that are stars.

Subban slu-footed the other night and didn't even get a penalty, the ref's are not being consistent enough, just like yesterday night, Bruins hit a Leaf from behind into the boards, get a penalty, Dina Phaneuf hits a Bruin near the end of the game and get's nothing, Dupuis hacked Kelly, now Kelly is out, Neal got 5 games, Thornton will get 15-20 games, I don't consider him a GOON like Orr, Thornton can play, but he also fights, I guess if Neal knew he was gonna 5 games, he should have did a lot more to the PEST, Marchand.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast