Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I guess that is something you would have to ask them. I personally don't think that if someone goes to heaven that they can see what is going on, otherwise the "no sadness" concept would be undermined. I am unaware of any scripture that says that people in Heaven can see or know what is going on down on Earth. I think that the concept you are speaking of is moreso a blend of Christian beliefs and hope.

The "concept" I am speaking about is played out countless times in today's society, from the acceptance speeches at the awards shows to the status updates on facebook. It is incessant.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

You know as little about this as you know about being a Ninja

actually I have studied the martial arts for nearly 40 years and ninjitsu for around 10 years, so figure that out.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The "concept" I am speaking about is played out countless times in today's society, from the acceptance speeches at the awards shows to the status updates on facebook. It is incessant.

I have heard what you are talking about. What you need to realize is that people let personal feelings and hopes override all else. Their personal feelings may make them want to believe that loved ones are looking down, but it isn't supported by Christian teachings or scripture. They meld their religious beliefs and personal hopes into one by saying "He/she is in heaven looking down", but it is just that, a blend of religion and personal hopes.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So what is the accepted theory on what you would be Jay? And more importantly, would you know who/what you are? Are you implying that previously departed friends and family will not be there greeting us as we enter the realm?

habs, if you are asking my personal ideas, here they are.
    first I think that people who worry about heaven and hell are looking for the reward punishment system (binaries) for me these people are missing the point.
    I believe I may know who I was but it will not matter. I think people are comforted by saying grandpa is looking down on you, but I do not believe it, grandpa is no longer grandpa and has no ties to earth or his earthly family. sounds sad and/or mean, but that is because we are humans and using our human feelings.
    I also do not believe that when you die you go straight to heaven or hell, there is a period in between. I also think if you try to explain this is human logic it will fall short, we cannot understand God, that is impossible.

Are you Kreskin? Then you need to elaborate on this.

(readies popcorn)

This should be good.

How can you make a statement like this? You know as little about this as you know about being a Ninja. If you come back and admit that what you think is what somebody else told you how it would be, then that would at least be admitting to indoctrination.

You made a pretty general statement there, with the weakest of disclaimers in the middle.

who said I know, I said
    depending on what school of thought you go by

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I have heard what you are talking about. What you need to realize is that people let personal feelings and hopes override all else. Their personal feelings may make them want to believe that loved ones are looking down, but it isn't supported by Christian teachings or scripture. They meld their religious beliefs and personal hopes into one by saying "He/she is in heaven looking down", but it is just that, a blend of religion and personal hopes.

That, apparently, describes every aspect of religion to a tee. A blend of scripture mixed in with personal beliefs so as to fit personal agendas. Makes the whole thing kind of useless.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That, apparently, describes every aspect of religion to a tee. A blend of scripture mixed in with personal beliefs so as to fit personal agendas. Makes the whole thing kind of useless.

sure, but religion is based on human understanding of something they cannot understand, it has little to do with God.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Not the whole thing. Orthodox religions follow the original teachings very closely. Non-orthodox religions tend to infuse their owns thoughts and opinions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12