Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Duck Dynasty Star Suspended Over Comments About Homosexuals

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-d...180934306.html

A lot can happen in 24 hours. Exhibit A: On Wednesday, GQ released some rather blunt remarks Phil Robertson made on the topic of homosexuality. When asked about his definition of sin, the reality star said, "Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there — bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men."

Less than two hours later, as news of these remarks spread like wildfire, prompting the "Duck Dynasty" star to clarify his statements.

"I myself am a product of the '60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior," he said in a statement issued by A&E on Wednesday. "My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty, and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."

But that softening of language wasn't enough to prevent fallout for the duck-hunting father of four, and later that same afternoon, A&E suspended Phil from filming.

"We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson’s comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series 'Duck Dynasty,'" A&E stated."His personal views in no way reflect those of A&E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely."

GLAAD — which had released a statement in response to Robertson's original comments urging A&E "to reexamine their ties with someone with such public disdain for LGBT people and their families" (and which also contained a thinly veiled boycott threat) — wasted no time in praising the network's action.

"What’s clear is that such hateful anti-gay comments are unacceptable to fans, viewers, and networks alike," stated GLAAD spokesman Wilson Cruz. "By taking quick action and removing Robertson from future filming, A&E has sent a strong message that discrimination is neither a Christian nor an American value."

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I hope they leave A&E.

If you ask a known Bible following Christian their definition of sin, what do you think you are going to get?

This is this guys personal opinion on what the Bible defines as sin, and he believes God wrote (influenced) the Bible, so it is Gods' word, thus if it says it, it is true.

I just fond it odd he was asked this and that people would not expect him to have this answer.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

As for A and E?

I am writing them and telling them how dismayed I am that they allowed Hillbilly Programming to be the focal point of their once wonderful network.

There was a time for about 12 years that people could turn on A&E and learn something if they did not have the ability to travel to a specific part of the world and experience it for themselves. You could also enjoy the programming even if you were fortunate to have the experience to do so, as I had many times in my life. I get absolutely no entertainment value, or educational value from watching a Hillbilly do anything. They need to remove Swamp People and all the other red-neck nonsense they show and get back to basics with good educational, environmental and exciting programing.

I will not support this Network, and I will be sending them a letter reminding them of that, they have lost a viewer. I will also be writing to Walmart (not that it's going to do anything) and remind them, that I do not need to see this man's ugly face on everything sold upon entering their stores, which is very infrequently.

Now Target. Target is a store that my family and friends have supported greatly over the years. Many of us will be writing to them to tell them to immediately remove the DD Merchandise from their stores, or lose many customers for a very long time, perhaps forever. I have not purchased a single item from Target this Holiday Season because of this behaviour, and so have thousands of others in my camp.

Consumers are in control here, not red-necks. This man should be ashamed of himself, especially having the education he has.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

Phil On Growing Up in Pre-Civil-Rights-Era Louisiana
    “I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/tele...phil-robertson

SCF Rewards
    Country

im 100% for free speech,im also 100% for the consequences

SCF Rewards
    Country

What he said was gross. A&E has every right to fire him. Stupid show anyways.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I hope they leave A&E.

If you ask a known Bible following Christian their definition of sin, what do you think you are going to get?

This is this guys personal opinion on what the Bible defines as sin, and he believes God wrote (influenced) the Bible, so it is Gods' word, thus if it says it, it is true.

I just fond it odd he was asked this and that people would not expect him to have this answer.

Matthew 7:1-5 “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

http://www.openbible.info/topics/judging_other_people

SCF Rewards
    Country

Matthew 7:1-5 “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

http://www.openbible.info/topics/judging_other_people

Even though I side with A&E on this one, this is taking this scripture out of context. People confuse judging with teaching. He was asked and didn't condemn homosexuals to hell, as that is Gods job.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

im 100% for free speech,im also 100% for the consequences

I am 100% in agreement with you. I would give this man a pass, had he not achieved a Master's Degree in Education, cultural surrounding be damned, he simply knows better. Had he been uneducated, and not ever been in the public eye, then some empathy or restraint could perhaps be expected.

I deal with social behavioral consequences via my own choices and with my wallet.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am 100% in agreement with you. I would give this man a pass, had he not achieved a Master's Degree in Education, cultural surrounding be damned, he simply knows better. Had he been uneducated, and not ever been in the public eye, then some empathy or restraint could perhaps be expected.

I deal with social behavioral consequences via my own choices and with my wallet.

Some of the dumbest people I know have master's degree(s). But I will agree, his show is trash TV, not to mention him and his family are total sellouts.
    This is a photo of them a couple of years before the show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast