Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart Truth revealed

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

I asked a question relative to the topic.

You screamed about Obama.

Stop trying to start a fight based on partisan politics. I'm not interested.

Actually, I never screamed anything about Obama. Please take your time and reread. The one that is claiming to not wanting a partisan argument made it partisan. I asked a question, if you can't answer, don't post. Deflection and whining doesn't cut it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

I still think jobs like this, fastfood, gas stations, and convenience stores are for retired people who need money, teenagers, and people who are hurting for work. with that said, if you get good benefits from a job like that, then it is an added bonus.

I would also imagine the stores location plays a role, we have all seen the crazy walmart pictures, but the walmart in oberlin, and I am sure in other small towns, are not like that.

Exactly. Not every job in this country is a career. Is every job in every other country a career? Wasn't aware of that. I guess some have never heard of a starter job and improving and advancing yourself.
    I guess minimum wage in canada is a living wage?
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/minimu...tory-1.2495203

Does anyone on here have any business experience?
    It doesn't matter what you raise the wages too, it will never be enough.
    Last edited by sanfran22; 01-16-2014 at 11:08 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

You can also get health care as a direct support professional, though the benefits vary depending on where you work.

Direct support is perhaps the best-kept employment secret in the nation. In every state I've researched, the job demand is high. Where I live - a city of 50,000 - there are four major support services that are ALWAYS hiring. All you need is an HS diploma. The wages may be low (I make $8.15 an hour), but if you are desperate for work, you can't complain. The turnover is high, but if you stick with it, as I have, you get better, as with anything else. More importantly, you feel a sense of helpfulness in assisting the disabled.

I'm supposedly over-qualified for having two partial Master's degrees in addition to a four-year degree. I like my job, though.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Actually, I never screamed anything about Obama. Please take your time and reread. The one that is claiming to not wanting a partisan argument made it partisan. I asked a question, if you can't answer, don't post. Deflection and whining doesn't cut it.

You're really going to try to separate Obama from Obamacare?

I asked what minimum wage was and said that, as low as it is, not everyone can afford said benefits meaning that offering them to "everyone" is a crock.

I didn't mention anything about Dems, Reps, Obama, or any of his acts. You did. Nice try. You fail. Try again.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Exactly. Not every job in this country is a career. Is every job in every other country a career? Wasn't aware of that. I guess some have never heard of a starter job and improving and advancing yourself.
    I guess minimum wage in canada is a living wage?
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/minimu...tory-1.2495203

Does anyone on here have any business experience?
    It doesn't matter what you raise the wages too, it will never be enough.

Some have never heard of can't find another job. Some of us think everyone is privileged as we are.

Not me, but some of us.

Some of us also just want to start partisan fights by screaming about Obamacare. Not me, but some people.

I'm not talking to you on this topic, or any other in which you needlessly scream about Obama, Obamacare, or any other partisan fight-starting crap.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 01-16-2014 at 12:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I still think jobs like this, fastfood, gas stations, and convenience stores are for retired people who need money, teenagers, and people who are hurting for work. with that said, if you get good benefits from a job like that, then it is an added bonus.

So the former job creating small business owners pushed out the market when these big box stores move in? They can go screw themselves I assume?

Because they end up working for the box stores.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Let's deflect from partisans from a moment and consider what the dumb woman who is nothing but a walking thesaurus, according to some posters, just posted.

Why am I able to handle an $8.15 job? Why am I not demanding something better? Why am I able to live off this while others can't?

Remember, I'm just a female and not very smart. My degrees surely came from luck rather than intelligence or hard work. Yet I'm able to make this work while others apparently are not able to do so.

We need explanations, guys.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Let's deflect from partisans from a moment and consider what the dumb woman who is nothing but a walking thesaurus, according to some posters, just posted.

Why am I able to handle an $8.15 job? Why am I not demanding something better? Why am I able to live off this while others can't?

Remember, I'm just a female and not very smart. My degrees surely came from luck rather than intelligence or hard work. Yet I'm able to make this work while others apparently are not able to do so.

Couple things:

Your $8.15 per hour is higher than the minimum wage in many areas, right?

How many people are YOU supporting on that $8.15 per hour?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Also, do you have medical benefits?

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

Answer: Because you're not a mooch? Because you believe in hard work and self worth?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast