Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

Evgeni Kuznetsov leaving KHL to join Washington Capitals

This should give the Caps a bit of a boost. I'm sure that Ovechkin had a lot to do with this leading up to and during the Olympics.
    @dchesnokov
    #KHL's Traktor is confirming Kuznetsov will fly to DC to join the #Caps tomorrow. He terminated his KHL contract.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

One thing about the KHL. It seems easy to just quit. I know you'd be in court if you tried that in the NHL without submitting retirement papers.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I thought the NHL had rules against players joining NHL clubs, after starting the season in Europe. Not that they can't do it, but they have to clear waivers first.

Nabakov, if I recall, fell victim to this. Signed with the Red Wings on or around the Trade Deadline a couple of years ago, and then the NYI claimed him in waivers.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I believe his last KHL contract was thru the end of the 2013-14 season. He has hinted that he was coming to the Caps once his current contract was completed. The KHL has started their playoffs and Traktor Chelyabinsk missed the playoffs this year. So I believe his commitment to the KHL is complete.
    Last edited by one20; 03-07-2014 at 02:55 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Now if Yahoo can just add him to their pool of players for all fantasy purposes and get with the times... that'd be GREAT!!