Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

NFL to ban the N word but some sya it is ok to use????????????

Here is the link for ESPN's outside the lines

http://espn.go.com/new-york/story/_/...ice-use-n-word.

I found it hard to believe how many folks Michael WIlbon,Ryan Clark rapper/actor Common who stated on this show that they know what the word means knows its history,knows how it offends but they use it.If you watched the show Wilbon and Common both admitted that if a white person uses it yes it is offensive,but if they use it amongst their friends who are black it is a show of compliment?????? OK I am confused

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I watched the program. It was rather interesting.

I don't know how the NFL is going to police this when the term is used affectionately between two black players that play on the same team and compliment each other about a great play that was just made by one or the other.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If ESPN couldn't talk about the N word or gay players would they just close up shop? Seems like that's all they have been talking about lately.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

But yet these guys swear how it is such a vulgar and abusive word.Hence my confusion I feel it is a terrible word not because I am white because I find it deplurable.But these guys say they know what a horrible word it is and then say it is affectionate in the same breath.WHAT???????????????????????????????
    I watched the program. It was rather interesting.

I don't know how the NFL is going to police this when the term is used affectionately between two black players that play on the same team and compliment each other about a great play that was just made by one or the other.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Ever hear two nineteen year old girls talk?

You'd think they hate each other, but the b word is a term of endearment, as well as many other words.

I have a friend I call Cracker on a regular basis.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jgosportscards's Items on eBay

I don't really mind that the league is considering this. When something is controversial in terms of use like the N word, it's best that it's only used around people that share the same feeling as you on its use. The NFL is one of those places that's sooo in the limelight, that rules like this are bound to be made. I don't really care to understand the difference of the use of the word, so as a rule of thumb, I don't say anything that can be taken offensively by someone of a different race or ethnicity.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You also had to realize this would come up with all the mics on the field now. That word making it to a TV is going to do that NFL more damage than generic cursing.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jgosportscards's Items on eBay

I believe there is a delay of about 10 seconds on NFL programming. This is for that exact problem if it were to happen.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

2.2 second delay is what networks operate on if they feel that something wrong has a chance to be said. But that decision is based on who is in charge on that particular day in the production trailer outside the stadium. I have heard many expletives especially in the SF vs Seattle playoff game recently. There was no delay on that one.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

2.2 second delay is what networks operate on if they feel that something wrong has a chance to be said. But that decision is based on who is in charge on that particular day in the production trailer outside the stadium. I have heard many expletives especially in the SF vs Seattle playoff game recently. There was no delay on that one.

You can catch a fair amount in NHL games if you're paying attention.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast