Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Pre-historic find

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cardcollector1972's Items on eBay

Pre-historic find

Found this beauty in the back yard today. It's not one of the larger prehistoric great white teeth we have found, but it's one of a few that aren't chipped or damaged. It still has cerrations on the edges. It is believed my neighborhood was under the ocean at one time and we find all kinds of fossils (shark teeth, sting ray verterbra, a large piece of whale back bone and other stuff. My neighbor has found several megladon teeth in the area as well, but the largest one we've found so far is around 3 inches tall. The other theory is that when they built the homes here, dirt was brought in from a nearby quarry. I belive the first theory because of the soil that's deeper under the ground and the fact that we can find smaller fossilized shark teeth in the creeks nearby just about every time we go. Our collection now has over 30 pieces not including the very tiny teeth.

tooth.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country

that is pretty awesome, all I ever found in my back yard was old jars and bottles, one of them was a very rare mason jar worth about $300

SCF Rewards
    Country

Amazing find!
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That is super, super cool ... and as I take the Biblical flood account literally, I would tend to believe the first theory as well